United Soccer League
Job Title: Vice President, Partnership Marketing
Position Type: Fulltime
Location: Tampa, FL (USL Headquarters)
Overview of the United Soccer League (USL)
The United Soccer League (USL) is shaping the future of soccer in America. We are the nation’s largest and fastest-growing professional soccer organization, bringing the world’s game to more and more communities across the United States and Canada. Based in Tampa, Florida, the USL oversees multiple professional and elite pre-professional leagues, including the USL Championship, USL Super League, USL League One, USL League Two, USL W League, USL Academy, and Super Y League.
We are authentic to the spirit of the game, honoring the dedication of the players, the passion of the supporters, and the culture of the clubs. We believe in the power of soccer to unite people, provide unique life experiences, and have a meaningful impact in local communities. We work as a team, challenge the status quo, and strive to make everyone feel welcome.
United Soccer League is the proud recipient of Front Office Sports' Best Employers in Sports 2021 and Tampa Bay Business Journal's Coolest Office Spaces.
The Partnerships team is charged with driving new business revenue generation via strategic, integrated partnerships alongside the retention of existing partners delivering a first-class service that delivers and exceeds partner objectives. The team sets the short and long-term commercial strategy, including platform creation, that drives enterprise-wide value for the league and its teams.
Reporting to the SVP of Corporate Development and Partnerships, this position will build and execute the overarching partnership marketing department strategy while leading the maximization of partner value across USL and throughout the league’s expansive team network. The role will be charged with executing, growing, and retaining USL’s growing portfolio of strategic partners. This position will work closely with all departments at the league office, as well as teams across the USL ecosystem, to develop, execute and fulfill upon the sponsorship sales strategy.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Build and manage a department dedicated to providing first class service and over-delivery to USL strategic partners.
- Work with key Department heads to build upon and execute a long-term strategy for the Partnership Marketing team.
- Work with departments across USL HQ to ensure delivery of partnership inventory, to include broadcast/media, digital, social media, and experiential elements.
- As the primary point of contact, cultivate strong, meaningful relationships with USL strategic partners, focused on building an understanding of their key business objectives.
- Build strong relationships with USL Team leadership to identify and execute local opportunities for national partners.
- Generate and evaluate pre-, post- and mid-season reports to assist in assessing overall effectiveness of the current partnerships; effectively present data to communicate ongoing value.
- Identify and work with third-party platforms that provide key tracking and valuation metrics related to partnership delivery.
- Oversee project calendars for partner fulfillment, to include working within and managing budgetary guidelines.
- Lead all partner communications with pertinent department personnel to cover individual task updates, overall project timelines, and brainstorm new ideas for improving future partnership marketing operations.
- Collaborate with Corporate Communications and the broader Marketing team to showcase partner success stories to drive USL and partner relevance.
- Deliver ongoing creative marketing and implementation recommendations for current partners including retail activation, in-stadium promotions, special events and community outreach ideas based on evolving business objectives.
- Support the partner integration within USL’s marquee event series designed to showcase USL and its partners while driving business-to-business opportunities.
- Work with internal sales team to manage the partner renewal process.
- Maintain a deep understanding of industry trends in the commercial partnership landscape.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field, or equivalent experience/combined education.
- Minimum (7) years of extensive and proven integrated marketing experience with demonstrated success in the media, sport sponsorship or entertainment fields.
- Team, League, and/or Agency experience preferred.
- Strong presentation abilities required.
- Proven track record of successful partnership renewals.
- Established partner contacts and strong relationships within a variety of industries.
- Ability to work well within tight deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with team members, executives, member clubs, and external partners.
- Effectively communicate information and ideas in written, visual, and verbal formats, and build and maintain relationships.
- Ability to work independently in a multi-faceted, fast, fluid, and deadline-driven environment.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic.
- Ability to work as business needs require which may include long days, evenings, weekends, occasional holidays, and travel if / when necessary.
- Must have U.S. work authorization.
We have great perks - Comprehensive Benefits Package • Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance • Health HSA and FSA • 401k with up to 6% match • Corporate Discounts • Paid Vacation, Holiday & Sick Days • Business Casual Dress • Casual Dress Fridays • And More!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.