United Soccer League
Job Title: Graphic Designer
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Tampa, FL (USL Headquarters)
Overview of the United Soccer League (USL)
The United Soccer League (USL) is shaping the future of soccer in America. We are the nation’s largest and fastest-growing professional soccer organization, bringing the world’s game to more and more communities across the United States and Canada. Based in Tampa, Fla., the USL oversees multiple professional and elite pre-professional leagues, including the USL Championship, USL Super League, USL League One, USL League Two, USL W League, USL Academy, and Super Y League.
We are authentic to the spirit of the game, honoring the dedication of the players, the passion of the supporters, and the culture of the clubs. We believe in the power of soccer to unite people, provide unique life experiences, and have a meaningful impact in local communities. We work as a team, challenge the status quo, and strive to make everyone feel welcome.
United Soccer League is the proud recipient of Front Office Sports' 2021 & 2022 Best Employers in Sports and Tampa Bay Business Journal's Coolest Office Spaces.
The Graphic Designer supports the conceptual, development, design and execution of creative projects and branding. The Graphic Designer will aid in the implementation of digital and print design assets. They will be responsible for taking design concepts to final completion. Strong attention to detail is required while understanding design and upholding league brand standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Creation of original and modification of existing artwork to be used across a variety of USL properties and mediums.
- Develop designs in a fast-paced environment without compromising quality.
- Collaborate with multiple departments to create various materials including, but not limited to social and web graphics, marketing collateral, event signage, merchandise, and corporate presentations.
- Assist in asset management keeping files up to date and adding metadata to photo assets as needed.
- Create mockups of item concepts.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
- BA/BFA Graphic Design, Communications Design, Graphic Arts, Advertising Design, or equivalent experience preferred.
- 1+ years of relevant professional experience preferred.
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign) – After Effects knowledge a plus.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel).
- Previous Sporting Industry experience is a plus.
- Collaborative creator, detail-oriented, and organized, with a proven ability to follow up on and complete tasks on schedule.
- Self-motivation, patience, and the ability to work within a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with team members, executives, member clubs, and external partners.
- Ability to work independently in a multi-faceted, fast, fluid, and deadline-driven environment.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic a must.
- Ability to work as business needs require which may include long days, evenings, weekends, occasional holidays, and travel if / when necessary.
- Must have U.S. work authorization.
We have great Perks - Comprehensive Benefits Package • Medical, Dental, Vision & Pet Insurance • Health HSA and FSA • 401k w/ up to 6% match • Corporate Discounts • Paid Vacation, Holiday & Sick Days • Business Casual Dress • Casual Dress Fridays • And More!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.