United Soccer League
Job Title: Vice President, Operations – USL Super League
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Tampa, FL (USL Headquarters)
Overview of the United Soccer League (USL)
The United Soccer League (USL) is shaping the future of soccer in America. We are the nation’s largest and fastest-growing professional soccer organization, bringing the world’s game to more and more communities across the United States and Canada. Based in Tampa, Fla., the USL oversees multiple professional and elite pre-professional leagues, including the USL Championship, USL Super League, USL League One, USL League Two, USL W League, USL Academy, and Super Y League.
We are authentic to the spirit of the game, honoring the dedication of the players, the passion of the supporters, and the culture of the clubs. We believe in the power of soccer to unite people, provide unique life experiences, and have a meaningful impact in local communities. We work as a team, challenge the status quo, and strive to make everyone feel welcome.
United Soccer League is the proud recipient of Front Office Sports' 2021 & 2022 Best Employers in Sports and Tampa Bay Business Journal's Coolest Office Spaces.
The Vice President, Operations – USL Super League will oversee the overall planning and execution of the USL’s women’s professional league soccer operations within the women’s soccer pathway. This position will work closely across departments at the league office to ensure the competition is successfully executed at the highest possible standard.
Duties and Responsibilities
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee and operate the planning and execution of current and prospective competitions and sporting events conducted by USL, including but not limited to: USL Super League, Super League Finals, and all other Super League events as assigned.
- Collaborate on the implementation and progression of league standards.
- Work closely with the Operations, Competition, Events, Media, and Business Development teams on league operations and activations.
- Act as a point of contact for all clubs that participate in USL Super League competition.
- Coordinate external communications with third party operations contacts at PRO, US Soccer, CONCACAF, etc.
- Participate in weekly meetings with pertinent department personnel to cover individual task updates, overall project timelines, and brainstorm new ideas for improving operations.
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned.
- 8-10 years of related professional experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Sport Management, Business Administration, or related field required or equivalent professional work experience and/or combination of both work experience and education.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Experience in a management capacity preferred.
- Soccer experience highly preferred.
- Knowledgeable of the women’s soccer landscape is necessary.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects in a busy environment with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is necessary.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills necessary, with strong presentation skills.
- Knowledge and/or prior working experience utilizing registration platforms and facilitating US Soccer registration guidelines and processes preferred.
- Organized & autonomous work habits, both independently, and within a team setting.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with team members, executives, member clubs, and external partners.
- Ability to work independently in a multi-faceted, fast, fluid, and deadline-driven environment.
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic a must.
- Ability to work as business needs require which may include long days, evenings, weekends, occasional holidays, and travel if / when necessary.
- Must have U.S. work authorization.
We have great Perks - Comprehensive Benefits Package • Medical, Dental, Vision & Pet Insurance • Health HSA and FSA • 401k w/ up to 6% match • Corporate Discounts • Paid Vacation, Holiday & Sick Days • Business Casual Dress • Casual Dress Fridays • And More!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.