Summary of Responsibilities:
The Director, Ticket Sales and Service for the Memphis Redbirds and Memphis 901 FC will be responsible for building upon an established foundation and aggressively growing the organization’s ticket sales revenue. This role will focus on mentoring, training, and developing the sales staff while maximizing current revenue streams and actively working to create new and unique revenue opportunities.
Essential Functions of the Job:
- Oversee all aspects of ticket sales for the Memphis Redbirds, Memphis 901 FC and other events at AutoZone Park, including season, partial plans, groups, premium, and individuals and exceeding annual goals
- Prepare and manage an annual Ticket Sales business plan and budget with ticket managers and senior management that encompasses all aspects of ticket sales
- Prepare timely and accurate sales reports that monitor the progress of the ticket sales team both individually and collectively and ensure sales pacing goals are met
- Manage and train ticket sales managers, account executives and seasonal staff members who are responsible for retaining season ticket accounts, developing new accounts, and selling group tickets to meet and exceed yearly sales goals
- Lead regular staff meetings and facilitating discussion and sharing of ideas related to growing ticket sales revenue
- Develop and maintain a personal client base of ticket sales prospects and customers
- Continuously identify, recruit, hire and train current and new members of our sales team to build a dynamic sales environment that will accomplish the sales goals of the organization.
- Work with corporate data analytics team to recognize trends in sales, optimize pricing and drive revenue
- Work closely with marketing and promotions staff to drive sales and revenue.
- Regularly measure the effectiveness of the organization’s various sales campaigns and offerings and provide recommendations for further improvement when necessary.
- Actively solicit feedback from existing clients and use this information to develop additional benefits, address concerns and improve the ticket offerings for our customers
- Work to identify new key community relationships or partnerships that will assist in developing new opportunities. Represent the organization in the community at various events and programming
- Actively remain aware of trends and developments within our league and industry and provide ideas and insights to improve our ticket sales portfolio
Qualifications, Education and Experience Preferred:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Administration, Business or related or field
- 3+ years of sales experience, preferably in sports/entertainment industry and/or ticket sales.
- 2+ years of management experience; sports ticket sales environment preferred.
- Proven track record in sales training and ability to train and develop staff
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to multitask and work in a high-pressure, fast moving environment
- Strong knowledge of sales and marketing concepts and strategies.
- Experience working with Tickets.com (preferred) or Ticketmaster
- Exceptional knowledge of CRM systems, KORE preferred
- Efficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Able and willing to work long hours including nights, holidays & weekend as required during seasons, including tarp pulls and other duties as assigned
- Able to solve problems in a positive & efficient manner
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.