This position is ideal for a student looking to gain experience in the sport marketing and management fields. This role will work in coordination with El Paso Locomotive FC’s Marketing and Communications Departments to assist with general marketing and advertising campaigns. This position pays a stipend for 20 hours a week of in office support and then $10 per hour for all games scheduled.
Key Responsibilities/Requirements include but are not limited to:
● Assist in social strategy development to promote events and programs across the organization on both organic and paid social
● Assist in formulating and executing marketing tactics
● Assist in the creation of Locomotive App campaigns and execution
● Creation, organization, & distribution of marketing materials
● Manage and supervise promotions team gameday staff
● Assist with stadium setup/tear down and all marketing related gameday operations
● Maintain online Team Store in conjunction with Retail Department including shooting and promoting new merchandise
● Creation of content ideas for Communications team
● Contribute to marketing meetings and assigned projects
● Will be required to attend player/mascot/organization appearances in the community
● Real-time coverage of live events and functions
● Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
● Candidate must qualify to be an intern which means either a current college student and or a recent college grad. This is a learning experience and not a part-time job.
● Extensive knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube.
● Knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator preferred.
● Ability to work as a team under tight deadlines.
● Must be available to work all El Paso Locomotive FC home games as well as nights and weekends.
● Bilingual (Spanish) is preferred, but not required.
● Work often includes long hours of prolonged standing, as well as exposure to weather during games.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.