About Weidner Field
Weidner Field is home of the Colorado Springs Switchbacks FC of the United Soccer League. The team is a part of the second tier of the American soccer pyramid and the largest 2nd division soccer league in the world.
2024 Switchback FC Internship
Location: Weidner Field, 111 W. Cimarron St., Colorado Springs, CO 80903
Dates: January 1 – Nov 16
Number of Internships Available: 3-4
Number of Hours: 30-35 per week, Game Days are mandatory work events
Supervisor for Internship: Caden Fergison, Equipment Manager
- Assist with field set up and break down of equipment.
- Gather training balls throughout each drill. The objective is to ensure a smooth training session i.e. smooth transition between drills and each coach has the correct equipment for drills.
- Work closely with the Equipment/Kit Manager to set up the locker room with training gear every morning and uniforms on game days.
- Work with Equipment/Kit Manager to pack travel bags and arrange travel gear (field bag, uniform bag, boot bag) prior to the team departing for travel.
- Ensure accurate inventory of training equipment every morning before training and post training (cones, balls, disks, pennies)
- Ensure balls are pumped (13.0 PSI.)
- Wash and dry the training gear (including pennies) and game gear.
- Working towards a Bachelor degree in Sport Management, Business or a related field
- Decent understanding of soccer and training drills
- Desire to build a career in the sports industry.
- Subject to work in all weather conditions
- Flexible schedule (shifts include nights, weekends, and some holidays)
- Represent the Switchbacks at business and community events in a professional manner.
- Conduct self in a professional manner both in personal appearance and attitude.
Compensation and benefits
Paid on game days with the opportunity to earn school credit based on requirements set by your program.