Assistant Coach - Utah Royals (Sandy · UT)
Utah Royals Jobs
Jobs in Sandy · UT
Player Operations: Coach
In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Utah Royals FC, Real Salt Lake (RSL), and RSL Training Academy are dedicated to the growth and success of soccer in Utah. The Utah Royals FC is committed to empowerment, while RSL represents the state with pride and fosters a winning culture. The RSL Training Academy nurtures young athletes and instills values of discipline and teamwork. Together, they are committed to inspiring the soccer culture of Utah and creating lasting impressions one winning experience at a time.
The Assistant Coach will support the Head Coach in managing all on-field elements of the Utah Royals FC. The position requires a deep understanding of the game, excellent communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with players, coaching staff, and team management.
- Collaborates with the Head Coach to design and implement a comprehensive training program that enhances player skills, tactics, and fitness levels.
- Conducts training sessions that are well-organized, focused, and aligned with team goals and strategies.
- Utilizes video analysis tools and statistical data to evaluate player performance, track progress, and identify areas for improvement. Provides constructive feedback, guidance, and personalized training plans to maximize player potential.
- Assist in analyzing opponents' tactics and strategies, contribute to the development of game plans, and provide valuable insights and recommendations to the head coach.
- Helps prepare players mentally and physically for each match.
- Collaborates with the Head Coach during matches to make tactical adjustments and provides strategic advice. Guides players effectively during high-pressure situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Professional qualifications of USSF B license (or equivalent from approved federation)
- Professional coaching experience at a high level, preferably in professional or collegiate women's soccer.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate player performance using video analysis tools and statistical data.
- Outstanding knowledge of the sport and a detailed understanding of current and developing tactics, coaching methods, analytics, and training methods
- Extensive travel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to manage and motivate a team.
- Ability to pass a background check and become Safe Sport certified.
- Professional qualifications of USSF A license (or equivalent from approved federation)
- Possess a strong understanding of NWSL rules and protocols
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The job requires regularly lifting/pushing up to 5 pounds and occasionally lifting/pushing more than 10 pounds or exerting heavy force, in a wide disparity or environmental conditions. The job involves extensive standing, stooping, bending, lifting, pushing, typing, etc.
Utah Royals provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and Utah Royals reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.