Seasonal Assistant Athletic Trainer - Real Salt Lake Training Academy (Herriman · UT)
Real Salt Lake Training Academy Jobs
Jobs in Herriman · UT
Player Operations: Soccer - Coach
In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The Utah Royals FC, Real Salt Lake (RSL), and RSL Training Academy are dedicated to the growth and success of soccer in Utah. The Utah Royals FC is committed to empowerment, while RSL represents the state with pride and fosters a winning culture. The RSL Training Academy nurtures young athletes and instills values of discipline and teamwork. Together, they are committed to inspiring the soccer culture of Utah and creating lasting impressions one winning experience at a time.
Seasonal Assistant Athletic Trainers are expected to assist the sports medicine staff in providing the highest quality care to Real Salt Lake athletes. You are also asked to seek out and take advantage of opportunities to become an integral part of patient care and rehabilitation. In addition to the details, you are also expected to aid in common daily Athletic Training duties, pre-training set-up and breakdown, and assist Real Salt Lake staff however necessary. Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the team needs including, but not limited to working game nights, weekends (including Sunday’s), and holidays.
· Assist in providing athletic training services to Real Salt Lake athletes, this includes attendance at scheduled team practices and home competitions.
· Maintain Athletic Training equipment and facilities.
· Actively participate in daily team activities and Athletic Training duties.
· Aid in daily treatment documentation.
· Function as a member of the Stretcher Crew during home competitions.
· Key interactions are with the staff Athletic Trainers, Strength & Conditioning staff, team physicians, and coaches.
· Work with the Sports Medicine and Strength & Conditioning staff in team testing such as: entrance physicals, return to play testing, and baseline concussion evaluations.
· Collaborate with Sports Medicine staff regarding patient care and transportation to and from physician appointments.
· Demonstrate ability to relate effectively with individuals from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds, and project a professional attitude.
· Participates in scouting activities and produces reports as required.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Preferred NATABOC Certified Athletic Trainer OR Enrolled in a CAATE accredited Athletic Training program.
· American Heart Association or American Red Cross AED/CPR Certification for the healthcare provider.
· Possess or able to acquire personal professional liability insurance.
· Legal ability to work in the United States of America.
· Utah AT State Licensure or eligible to acquire.
· Previous soccer experience preferred.
· Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred
Compensation Grade: Hourly, 30 hours per week
Please submit a copy of your cover letter, resume, and references.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The job requires regularly lifting/pushing up to 50 pounds and occasionally lifting/pushing more than 30 pounds or exerting heavy force, in a wide disparity or environmental conditions. The job involves standing, stooping, bending, lifting, pushing, typing, etc.
Real Salt Lake provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and Real Salt Lake reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
YES/NO: I speak both English and Spanish.
Are you NATABOC Certified Athletic Trainer?
Are you CPR Certified?