RSL Academy is committed to providing student-athletes with a comfortable, safe, educational, diverse, and caring community in which to live where academic success, on-field growth, personal growth, and social responsibility are valued.
The Residence Manager is a full-time, live-in, professional staff member responsible for the daily operations of the 60-bed RSL Academy Residence Hall. The Residence Manager will directly oversee the full-time and part-time RA and dorm support staff members and is charged with developing a community that promotes engagement, learning, respectful diversity, and safety within the residence hall.
Compensation includes your base salary plus a furnished apartment and utilities.
- Manages the day-to-day operation of the residence hall.
- Supervises all student-athletes and provides student-athletes an environment for academic success, personal growth, and understanding of social responsibility.
- Ensures proper maintenance and record of residence hall documents as required by the Club.
- Hires, trains and supervises a team of Residential Advisors and Residential Assistants.
- Ensures safety of the building by submitting work orders to facilities, as needed.
- Proposes policies and guidelines for the residence hall and its employees.
- Collaborates with other academy staff to develop and manage counseling programs and disciplinary action for student-athletes.
- Provide crisis management support and intervention as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Education, Counseling, Social Work, or a related field.
- Previous experience in overseeing a residential program.
- Ability to collaborate with various levels of the organization to promote student-athlete wellbeing.
- Ability to pass a background check and become Safe Sport Certified.
- A desire to build relationships with students, teachers, and families in a residential dormitory setting
- Collaborates with flexibility, optimism, and a sense of humor
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Fluency in Spanish
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
Real Salt Lake provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and RSL reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description