In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
* In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.*
As the Animation Intern, you will learn about the brand, vision, and history of Real Salt Lake. You will gain an understanding of how a professional sports organization works and further develop general critical thinking, problem-solving, time management, communication, and design skills. You will learn the skills needed to collaborate with multiple internal departments to deliver requested creative elements that meet functional needs and aesthetically match the club's brand guidelines across Communications, Commercial, Corporate, Content, and sporting departments
This internship requires a minimum commitment to working every home game at America First Field and Zions Bank Stadium. In-office hours are also required throughout the work week to collaborate hands-on with the Motion Graphics Designer.
Please note that the first RSL home game of the 2023 season will be in February and that the season may run through November or early December.
For consideration, all interested participants must provide a link to an online portfolio or animation reel
- Creates content from animated templates in collaboration with the Motion Graphics Designer, Director of Digital Media, and Marketing
- Produces animations for Real Salt Lake, Real Monarchs, RSL Academy, and Club Partners as assigned, with a focus on branding, social media, and in-stadium design
- Assists with ideation and animation of Club and stadium needs, including in-stadium video board animation, TV slates, and video/animated content for social media
- Assists in selecting audio, video, photos, and animation for designs when applicable
- Collaborates with the design/marketing team on overall brand/campaign ideation and design that defines and manifests the brand voice for the organization
- Assist on Real Salt Lake matchdays
- Other duties as assigned
- Currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a Graphic Design/Animation program
- Working knowledge of Adobe CC: After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Strong sense of design/animation fundamentals, including typography, composition, pacing, and attention to detail
- Understanding of digital design workflows
- Aware of current and emerging animation trends
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Ability to present ideas and receive/incorporate feedback
- Ability to work 20-30 hours weekly
- Ability to work flexible hours including nights, weekends, and holidays
- Reliability, communication, and organizational skills required
- Experience in video editing.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The job requires regularly lifting/pushing up to 10 pounds and occasionally lifting/pushing more than 25 pounds or exerting heavy force, in a wide disparity or environmental conditions. The job involves standing, stooping, bending, lifting, pushing, etc.
Real Salt Lake provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and RSL reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.