Brand Alliance - Manager, Brand Alliance Marketing - Orlando City SC & Orlando Pride (Orlando · FL)
About Orlando City and Orlando Pride:
With two major professional teams, Orlando City and Orlando Pride, the Orlando City Soccer Club (OCSC) has established itself as one of the preeminent Clubs in professional soccer.
Orlando City joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015. In 2019, Orlando City re-launched Orlando City B (OCB) to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
The Orlando Pride, OCSC’s National Women’s Soccer League franchise, began play in 2016 – bringing professional women’s soccer to Orlando for the first time.
Orlando City and Orlando Pride play at Exploria Stadium, a 25,500-seat soccer-specific stadium built in 2017 and located in the heart of Downtown Orlando.
With a footprint across the central Florida region and a roster comprised of international and home-grown talent, Orlando City and Orlando Pride boasts global relevance through its assemblage of world-class athletes.
Title: Manager, Brand Alliance Marketing
Department: Brand Alliances
Reports to: Senior Director, Brand Alliance Marketing
FLSA: Full-Time; Exempt
WHAT SETS YOU APART
As Manager of Brand Alliance Marketing, you will oversee various partner accounts across all Clubs. This entails managing all activities related including, activation of assets, strategic development of programs that meet partner business objectives and recognizing opportunity for upsells while leading the renewal process. You will build strong relationships and work to continuously elevate the level of service and support offered by the Brand Alliances department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Maintain a high level of service and build deep relationships with partner accounts at all levels of the organization.
● Manage the successful delivery of all assets for each assigned partner account and ensure they meet the partner’s business objectives. Fully integrate with knowledge of their business and develop unique ways to collaborate that benefit both parties.
● Create ways for marketing objectives of the organization to be furthered through partner activations such as ticket offers or expanded marketing reach through partner inventory, retail activation, in-stadium promotions, special events and community outreach ideas.
● Recognize where there are upsell opportunities and bring new ideas to partners when created that fit with their business objectives. Manage the overall renewal process with the objective of growing the relationship, integrating thoughts/ideas from rest of team. Collaborate as part of this process with Sr. Director/ SVP Brand Alliances to ensure approach/strategy is impactful at all levels of the organization.
● As part of the renewal process, work with legal to execute new agreements with support of Brand Alliances senior leadership.
● Manage the budget process for each Brand Alliance partner account, meeting financial as well as partner objectives. Submit invoices regularly and provide quarterly updates on expense management and develop initial planning budget for following years.
● Lead an annual planning session for each Brand Alliance partner account to develop strategy and ideas that fit within business objectives, including other members of the broader OC/OP team that can offer input. Provide a yearly recap as part of this process and work with the Business Intelligence team to develop meaningful insights, providing recommendations as part of this overview.
● Collaborate cross departmentally with teammates in creative, ticketing, marketing, social/digital, IT, community and HR on partner programs to ensure connectivity and support of partner programs.
● Maintain proper benchmarks and accurate documentation of the Brand Alliances OneDrive, Partnership Asset Tracker and KORE CRM software and inventory.
● For recap purposes, ensure timely, accurate documentation/tracking of partnership performance, including photos and screenshots, Nielsen data, Blinkfire data, KORE management/reporting, other applicable third-party data, etc.
● Deliver ongoing recommendations for asset/inventory management and availability.
● Assist Brand Alliance Business Development team on ideation of new and creative sellable assets for prospects or existing partners.
● Review gameday scripts, public address scripts, rundowns, etc., to ensure accurate partnership fulfillment.
● Submit all partnership creative briefs and proofread all collateral material featuring the corporate partner and club logos for correct usage, i.e., sponsor artwork, logos, print, digital, social, and other relevant items.
● Assist partners and media partners in the facilitating of traffic logistics as well as review affidavits and inventory.
● Facilitate cross functional department meetings and provide regular updates to leadership.
● Facilitate ticket requests and distribution to corporate partners with appropriate approvals.
● Negotiate competitive pricing and ordering of giveaways, merchandise and client gifts.
● Assist with execution of departmental special events.
● Work all home games and assist with on-site partner activations.
● Perform other related duties as assigned.
It’s never just a job at Orlando City SC. It’s a way of life. We live and breathe soccer and entertainment. We believe each role is as unique as the person who does it. To join our team, you will also possess these qualifications:
● Bachelor’s degree in sport management, business, marketing, or related fields required.
● Min 4 years partnership marketing and activation experience with demonstrated success in the media, sport sponsorship or entertainment fields. Some sales experience a plus.
● Must be a strategic thinking and good communicator that thrives on meeting and exceeding a partner’s objectives.
● Demonstrated success in account management at a senior level managing multiple accounts with a balanced workload.
● Polished presentation skills both verbal and written with experience creating and delivering recap/sales presentations.
● Experience in the Florida marketplace preferred but not necessary.
● Supervisor experience preferred but not required.
● Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, decision-making, and problem-solving skills required for an event environment.
● Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, within a team atmosphere.