2024 Season - Sports Performance Associate (PRIDE) - Orlando City SC & Orlando Pride (Orlando · FL)
About Orlando City and Orlando Pride:
With two major professional teams, Orlando City and Orlando Pride, the Orlando City Soccer Club (OCSC) has established itself as one of the preeminent Clubs in professional soccer.
Orlando City joined Major League Soccer (MLS) as the league's 21st franchise in November 2013, becoming the first MLS team in the Southeast. The Lions began league play in March 2015. In 2019, Orlando City re-launched Orlando City B (OCB) to bridge the gap between its successful youth development academy and the First Team.
The Orlando Pride, OCSC’s National Women’s Soccer League franchise, began play in 2016 – bringing professional women’s soccer to Orlando for the first time.
Orlando City and Orlando Pride play at Exploria Stadium, a 25,500-seat soccer-specific stadium built in 2017 and located in the heart of Downtown Orlando.
With a footprint across the central Florida region and a roster comprised of international and home-grown talent, Orlando City and Orlando Pride boasts global relevance through its assemblage of world-class athletes.
Reports to: Head S&C, Sport Scientist
- Assist in delivering physical performance service is provided to players.
- Learn how to collect data of the of athletes using various technologies used in elite sports such as but not limited to Force Plates, VBT, GPS, and USG.
- Learn and assist in data cleaning, visualization, interpretation, and reporting.
- Assist in the delivering of strength and conditioning programs for gym session, activation, and warmup.
- Assist in monitoring player's performance measures on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Learn and assist with the athlete’s individual daily nutrition plans including the pre, during and post-workout nutrition prescriptions/supplements determined by the team Dietitian.
- Assist with hydration station for pre, during and post training using team coolers.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Human Performance, Exercise Science, Kinesiology or related field.
- Required: CSCS or an accredited international certification
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish/Portuguese a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of PowerBi, R, or Python, or related
- Maintain highest level of professionalism and confidentiality within a pro-team environment is required.
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and have a strong sense of accountability.
- Possess a positive, outgoing, engaging and professional personality.
- Strong understanding and passion for the sport of soccer is preferred.
- Ability to work nontraditional hours in nontraditional settings, including holidays, nights and weekends.
- Willingness to abide by strict team wide COVID guidelines at work and in their everyday life.