Goalkeeper Coach | NYCFC Academy - New York City FC (Orangeburg · NY)
New York City FC jobs
Sports Jobs in Orangeburg · NY
Player Operations: Soccer - Coach
JOB TITLE: Goalkeeper Coach | NYCFC Academy
REPORTING TO: Academy Director / Phase Lead
LOCATION: CFA New York (Orangeburg, NY) and St. John’s University (Queens, NY)
As a Goalkeeper coach – Academy, you will be co-responsible for the development of NYCFC goalkeeper coaching philosophy and the development of all the Academies goalkeepers.
This role will demand a high level of on-field expertise as well as a very strong ability to design, plan, and execute a number of off-field projects.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Design and deliver daily sessions according to the clubs Philosophy and Style of play
- Co-create curriculum for the Academy goalkeepers in accordance with CFG visions and NYCFC Style of Play.
- Managing the assessment of all GK’s in the Academy
- Securing that everyone has a clear Individual Development Plan (IDP).
- Aid in all goalkeeper scouting/ recruitment within the Academy. This will include planning and implementing goalkeeper try-outs, clinics and camps as well as attending local and nationwide events.
- Assist first and second team goalkeeping coaches
- Lead and plan the on-field delivery of set pieces for specified academy teams
- Assist Academy teams during matches and tournaments
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Strength in delivering tactically relevant on-field sessions
- Experience in combining practical on-field knowhow with off-field planning and assessment
- Excellent communication skills
- Collaboration with fellow coaches with a multidisciplinary approach
- A motivated growth mindset and life-long learner
- Strong work ethic
- Experience in planning on a macro, meso and micro level
- Competency in using analysis software particularly Hudl/Sportscode
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and qualifications
WHO YOU ARE:
- USSF B License required
- USSF A License preferred
- 5-10 years of youth goalkeeper coaching background/experience
- Strong teaching background
- Dual language English/Spanish preferred
- Knowledge and know-how of Microsoft office
- Drivers license
- Applicant must be able to comply with MLS Next Safety and Well-Being policy and any other applicable child safety policies provided to applicants by NYCFC
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as necessary
- New York City Football Club requires a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject to exception under applicable law
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Excellent health, dental & vision insurance, with options to fit you and your family’s needs
- Comprehensive and competitive benefit programs, including maternal & paternal leave
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, gym membership, and Citi Bike discounts
- Your health is important! Our wellness strategy focuses on mental and physical wellbeing through in-office and virtual programs
- Two complementary tickets to every NYCFC home match
- Team outings, happy hours, and annual staff gatherings to celebrate our co-workersA dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
NEW YORK CITY FOOTBALL CLUB OVERVIEW:
At New York City FC, we are in a mission to build this City into one of the soccer capitals of the world. The Club was announced as Major League Soccer’s 20th franchise and is the first and only MLS team located within the five boroughs of New York City. The Club consistently finishes at the top of the Eastern Conference and is the reigning 2021 MLS Cup Champion. The games are broadcast locally through YES Network with national television coverage through ESPN, Fox and Univision. New York City FC ranks in the top five of key commercial categories for Major League Soccer franchises: season tickets, attendance, gate receipts, partnerships and retail merchandise sales. The franchise’s social media platforms are already in the top two most-followed in MLS for Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. For more information, please visit:
New York City FC is also one of ten clubs comprising City Football Group and counts Manchester City FC, Melbourne City FC, Yokohama F-Marinos, Girona FC, Montevideo City Torque, Sichuan Jiuniu FC, Mumbai City FC, Lommel SK and Espérance Sportive Troyes AC among its sister clubs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What are your salary requirements?
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?