Database Engineer - New York City FC (New York · NY)
New York City FC Jobs
Sports Jobs in New York · NY
Marketing: Database Marketing/Analytics
JOB TITLE: Database Engineer
REPORTING TO: Sr. Manager, Business Intelligence
DEPARTMENT: Business Intelligence
LOCATION: Hybrid, New York, NY
NYCFC is seeking a highly motivated database engineer to join the Business Intelligence Team to support strategic initiatives and data-driven decision making across the organization. The person in this role will be responsible for the data governance of the entire club while managing all data sources, BI software, and the NYCFC App. This includes, but is not limited to, the data warehouse, Salesforce Cs.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Manage the building, maintenance, and ETL/ELT processes of the NYCFC database and data sources from various 3rd parties
- Develop and maintain scalable data pipelines and build out new API integrations to support continuing increases in data volume and complexity
- Lead database integrity processes and implement processes to monitor data quality, validation, automation, efficiency, and overall processes
- Be responsible for the data management and legal requirements for NYCFC housed data
- Assist and advise on the NYCFC app and aid in the continuous development
- Manage relationships with 3rd party data vendors
- Aid business analysts in the automation of models and processes across the organization
- Evaluate 3rd party vendors for compatibility with NYCFC platforms
- Perform additional ad-hoc tasks as necessary
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- 2-3 years experience integrating new data sources into the database, and managing, editing and improving current API integrations
- 2-3 years experience with SQL, DBeaver, cloud platforms, Amazon Redshift and AWS
- 2-3 years experience managing 3rd party data integrations
WHO YOU ARE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Data Engineering, Information Systems or a related field with a focus on computer science or programming.
- Strong work ethic, team-oriented attitude, and enthusiasm about contributing to the success of the department and club
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability at prioritize and handle multiple assignments while maintaining commitment to deadlines
- Applicant must be able to comply with MLS Next Safety and Well-Being policy and any other applicable child safety policies provided to applicants by NYCFC
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as necessary
- New York City Football Club requires a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject to exception under applicable law
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Excellent health, dental & vision insurance, with options to fit you and your family’s needs
- Comprehensive and competitive benefit programs, including maternal & paternal leave
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, gym membership, and Citi Bike discounts
- Your health is important! Our wellness strategy focuses on mental and physical wellbeing through in-office and virtual programs
- Four complementary tickets to every NYCFC home match
- Team outings, happy hours, and annual staff gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
NEW YORK CITY FOOTBALL CLUB OVERVIEW:
At New York City FC, we are in a mission to build this City into one of the soccer capitals of the world. The Club was announced as Major League Soccer’s 20th franchise and is the first and only MLS team located within the five boroughs of New York City. The Club consistently finishes at the top of the Eastern Conference and is the reigning 2021 MLS Cup Champion. The games are broadcast locally through YES Network with national television coverage through ESPN, Fox and Univision. New York City FC ranks in the top five of key commercial categories for Major League Soccer franchises: season tickets, attendance, gate receipts, partnerships and retail merchandise sales. The franchise’s social media platforms are already in the top two most-followed in MLS for Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. For more information, please visit:
New York City FC is also one of ten clubs comprising City Football Group and counts Manchester City FC, Melbourne City FC, Yokohama F-Marinos, Girona FC, Montevideo City Torque, Sichuan Jiuniu FC, Mumbai City FC, Lommel SK and Espérance Sportive Troyes AC among its sister clubs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?
What are your salary requirements?