Coordinator, Match Presentation - NYCFC (New York · NY)
Jobs in New York · NY
Marketing: Game Operations/Presentation
Title: Coordinator, Match Presentation (Full-Time)
Department: Marketing Department (Match Presentation)
Reports to: Director, Match Presentation
Location: New York, NY
Location: New York, NY
This position plays a vital role in creating and executing all aspects of Match Presentation and Entertainment Production. The goal is to drive fan engagement, build and activate dynamic and creative content that supports team marketing and branding efforts, while providing supporters and the team with the best home field advantage in Major League Soccer. The ideal candidate must have a strong work ethic and a desire to execute events and activities that bring fans closer to the team and sport through creative ideas and content.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Assist the Director, Match Presentation in all back of house production logistics
- Act as lead Stage Manager during all NYCFC home matches
- Lead field-level setup of all home matches; special f/x, DJ setup, in-game prizing, props, etc.
- Assist in the tracking and maintenance of all Match Presentation props and equipment
- Coordinate all entertainment related credential requests and staffing tier lists
- Update entertainment highlights and music logs for the Matchday page of NYCFC.com
- Assist in creating content ideas that enhance fan engagement and stadium atmosphere
- Act as a main point of contact for in-game talent including National Anthem performers, Color Guard groups, performance groups, etc.
- Research industry wide best practices and current entertainment trends
- Perform other assignments and provide event support on non-matchdays as directed
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Prior stage management experience in professional or high-level collegiate sports
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and holidays, if necessary. Attendance at all NYCFC home matches is mandatory
- Familiarity with control room and production technology a plus
- Work often includes long hours of prolonged standing and physical activity, as well as exposure to weather
- Candidate will work in close proximity to theatrical effects including smoke devices, pyro, and lighting effects
- Strong interest in staying up to date with pop culture and Game Presentation industry trends
- Must have proficient computer skills with a strong understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Composed manner when dealing with professional athletes and NYCFC Sporting staff
- Must have a fundamental knowledge of the global soccer landscape, Major League Soccer, and New York City Football Club
- Applicant must be able to comply with MLS Next Safety and Well-Being policy and any other applicable child safety policies provided to applicants by NYCFC
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as necessary
- New York City Football Club requires a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject to exception under applicable law.
This non-exempt, overtime eligible position has an estimated annual base salary range of $45,000 to $52,500. Final compensation offer amounts are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to demonstrated skill set, years and depth of relevant experience, and some role-dependent factors such as certifications and software expertise. We welcome direct conversations with each candidate about compensation in all of our initial calls.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Excellent health, dental & vision insurance, with options to fit you and your family’s needs
- Comprehensive and competitive benefit programs, including maternal & paternal leave
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, gym membership, and Citi Bike discounts
- Your health is important! Our wellness strategy focuses on mental and physical wellbeing through in-office and virtual programs
- Four complementary tickets to every NYCFC home match
- Team outings, happy hours, and annual staff gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
NEW YORK CITY FOOTBALL CLUB OVERVIEW:
At New York City FC, we are in a mission to build this City into one of the soccer capitals of the world. The Club was announced as Major League Soccer’s 20th franchise and is the first and only MLS team located within the five boroughs of New York City. The Club consistently finishes at the top of the Eastern Conference and is the reigning 2021 MLS Cup Champion. The games are broadcast locally through YES Network with national television coverage through ESPN, Fox and Univision. New York City FC ranks in the top five of key commercial categories for Major League Soccer franchises: season tickets, attendance, gate receipts, partnerships and retail merchandise sales. The franchise’s social media platforms are already in the top two most-followed in MLS for Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. For more information, please visit:
New York City FC is also one of ten clubs comprising City Football Group and counts Manchester City FC, Melbourne City FC, Yokohama F-Marinos, Girona FC, Montevideo City Torque, Sichuan Jiuniu FC, Mumbai City FC, Lommel SK and Espérance Sportive Troyes AC among its sister clubs.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?