Coordinator, Live Events - NYCFC (New York · NY)
Jobs in New York · NY
Event Management: Event Operations/Management
Title: Coordinator, Live Events
Department: Marketing Department (Match Presentation & Production)
Reports to: Manager, Live Events
Location: New York, NY / Hybrid
Location: New York, NY / Hybrid
This position plays a vital role in creating and executing all aspects of live event production. The goal is to drive fan engagement, build and activate dynamic and creative experiences that support team marketing and branding efforts, and providing attendees with lasting, positive memories associated with the NYCFC brand. The ideal candidate must have a strong work ethic and a desire to execute events and activities that bring fans closer to the team and sport through creative ideas.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Assist the Manager, Live Events in leading cross-functional teams to ideate, plan, advertise, and execute all large-scale, organizational “tentpole” events from conceptualization to execution, measurement, and optimization;
- Assist the Manager, Live Events in supporting cross-departmental efforts to engage the public in varying areas of the business, including but not limited to budgeting, logistics, venue curation, booking, production scaling, and measurement;
- Share best practices across the business and define the various benchmarks of success for events across the business;
- Act as Associate Producer during all NYCFC home Fan Fests, including but not limited to talent curation, booking, securing permits, liaising with the venue, load-in/load-out, staffing, and security;
- Research industry wide best practices and current event trends, including working with legal and safeguarding to ensure safety and compliance;
- Manage all event day staffing;
- Perform other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Experienced in working with third-party, experiential and production agencies;
- Excellent in concept generation, development, and execution;
- High level knowledge of A/V equipment and understanding of how a live show is brought to life is preferred;
- Must have proficient computer skills with a strong understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Highly organized, detail oriented and strong project management skills;
- Ability to multi-task and work on several projects simultaneously;
- Ability to solve problems under high pressure situations and tight deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong work ethic, team-oriented attitude and enthusiastic about contributing to the success of the Club and department;
- Must be able to travel when required;
- Bachelor’s degree in sports management, business or related field;
- Experience working in event production, preferably with an emphasis in sports and/or entertainment
- Applicant must be able to comply with MLS Next Safety and Well-Being policy and any other applicable child safety policies provided to applicants by NYCFC
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as necessary
- New York City Football Club requires a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject to exception under applicable law
This non-exempt position has an estimated annual base salary range of $45,000 - $50,000. Final compensation offer amounts are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to demonstrated skill set, years and depth of relevant experience, and some role-dependent factors such as certifications and software expertise. We welcome direct conversations with each candidate about compensation in all of our initial calls.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Excellent health, dental & vision insurance, with options to fit you and your family’s needs
- Comprehensive and competitive benefit programs, including maternal & paternal leave
- Ancillary benefits: Commuter, gym membership, and Citi Bike discounts
- Your health is important! Our wellness strategy focuses on mental and physical wellbeing through in-office and virtual programs
- Four complementary tickets to every NYCFC home match
- Team outings, happy hours, and annual staff gatherings to celebrate our co-workers
- A dynamic, ambitious, and fun work environment
NEW YORK CITY FOOTBALL CLUB OVERVIEW:
At New York City FC, we are on a mission to build this City into one of the soccer capitals of the world. The Club was announced as Major League Soccer’s 20th franchise and is the first and only MLS team located within the five boroughs of New York City.
The Club consistently finishes at the top of the Eastern Conference and most recently won the Campeones Cup in 2022 along with the MLS Cup in 2021. The games are broadcast locally through YES Network with national television coverage through ESPN, Fox and Univision. New York City FC ranks in the top five of key commercial categories for Major League Soccer franchises: season tickets, attendance, gate receipts, partnerships and retail merchandise sales. The franchise’s social media platforms are already in the top two most-followed in MLS for Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. For more information, please visit: https://www.nycfc.com/ .
New York City FC is also one of ten clubs comprising City Football Group and counts Manchester City FC, Melbourne City FC, Yokohama F-Marinos, Girona FC, Montevideo City Torque, Sichuan Jiuniu FC, Mumbai City FC, Lommel SK and Espérance Sportive Troyes AC among its sister clubs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you legally authorized to work in the United States?