Athletic Trainer (Part Time) - New York City FC (New York · NY)
New York City FC Jobs
Sports Jobs in New York · NY
Player Operations: Athletic Trainer/Physical Therapy/Doctor
Job TITLE: Athletic Trainer (Part Time)
REPORTING TO: Medical Lead
LOCATION: Etihad City Football Academy – Orangeburg, NY / St. John’s University – Jamaica, Queens
The part-time Academy Athletic Trainer (AAT) will assist the day-to-day sports medicine operations for New York City Football Clubs Academy teams. In this capacity, the AAT provides injury prevention strategies, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation for players’ medical problems. The AAT will provide field coverage at assigned athletic events and complete thorough medical documentation of player encounters. The AAT works under the direction and supervision of the Academy Director, Performance Director, Medical Lead, Team Physicians, and Technical Staff.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Performs as Certified Athletic Trainer in managing the health care of Academy players. Health care includes, but is not limited to first aid / emergency care, on-site injury evaluation, application of appropriate modalities, developing rehabilitation and prevention programs, as well as conducting rehabilitation and making medical referrals
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
- Assist the Performance Department in planning, delivering, and evaluating physical development sessions to maximize individual performance
- Technical responsibilities may include the development, implementation, and delivery of the following:
- Return to play protocols
- Strength and Conditioning
- Assist with monitoring and assessment of Academy players, including management of data collection, analysis, reporting, and providing feedback to the Medical Lead
- Promptly complete medical notes which document the player encounters in entirety and allow for seamless transfer of care.
- Assist with practical implementation of appropriate nutrition and hydration strategies for players
WHO YOU ARE:
- NY State Licensed Certified Athletic Trainer in good standing with NATABOC and a member of the NATA or Doctor of Physical Therapy with Emergency Medical Technician certification
- Current professional CPR/AED/First Aid certification
- Possess personal professional liability insurance
- History of working with young athletes
- Certified strength & conditioning coach (CSCS) preferred
- Medical soccer experience preferred
- Bilingual/Spanish speaker preferred
· Applicant must be able to comply with MLS Next Safety and Well-Being policy and any other applicable child safety policies provided to applicants by NYCFC
· Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays, as necessary
· New York City Football Club requires a COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, subject to exception under applicable law
NEW YORK CITY FOOTBALL CLUB OVERVIEW:
At New York City FC, we are in a mission to build this City into one of the soccer capitals of the world. The Club was announced as Major League Soccer’s 20th franchise and is the first and only MLS team located within the five boroughs of New York City. The Club consistently finishes at the top of the Eastern Conference and is the reigning 2021 MLS Cup Champion. The games are broadcast locally through YES Network with national television coverage through ESPN, Fox and Univision. New York City FC ranks in the top five of key commercial categories for Major League Soccer franchises: season tickets, attendance, gate receipts, partnerships and retail merchandise sales. The franchise’s social media platforms are already in the top two most-followed in MLS for Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. For more information, please visit:
New York City FC is also one of ten clubs comprising City Football Group and counts Manchester City FC, Melbourne City FC, Yokohama F-Marinos, Girona FC, Montevideo City Torque, Sichuan Jiuniu FC, Mumbai City FC, Lommel SK and Espérance Sportive Troyes AC among its sister clubs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you available to provide coverage with 1 to 3 days notice of request?
Are you able to you travel to matches within the tri-state area?