Expectations: Is it your dream to work in the sports industry? If so an internship with the Washington Spirit Soccer Club can be the first mile of your marathon! As an Intern with the Washington Spirit Soccer Club, you will aid the club in continuing to strive to be a premier club on and off of the pitch, you will play a large role in the achievement of this goal by executing projects and by being a part of the day to day activities of the Club. We are seeking interns that will take steps on their own to grow and hone their craft. As an Intern, you will be expected to give maximum effort every day you come to work.
Responsibilities: Assist the Sales & Service Team with various tasks.
· Work with the sales representatives on group sales initiatives and lead generation research.
· Game day duties include: group data collection and operational duties.
· Attend Washington Spirit match days and events as needed
· Assist on match days with groups, client interactions and youth experiences
· Making outbound phone calls to Washington Spirit fans and prospects.
· Data entry, filing, organization and inventory
· Assisting other departments with various tasks
· Assist with direct mailing campaigns
Additional Duties: Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Washington Spirit Soccer Club from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the company. Upon employment, the employee is required to fully comply with Washington Spirit rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of company facilities. Employees who violate these rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Unpaid/Can receive college credit
· Background in sales, marketing, business, customer service or communications is encouraged
· Students should be well organized and demonstrate an ability to manage multiple projects with minimal supervision
· Students should possess strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively work in a collaborative work environment
· Strong communication skills; both verbal and written
· Detail oriented and enthusiastic about working within a sports-related environment
· Creative and outgoing self-starter
· Fluency in a second language is a plus
· Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.