Seasonal Sales Representative, Events
Position Summary: Are you a go-getter? Do you have a passion for sales? Do you find it easy and also enjoy building relationships? Are you currently working in a sales position or have a passion to do so with an amazing sports organization? If so, we need to talk! This position requires someone who enjoys building relationships, is not afraid to make an ask, is a strong goal setter and achiever and can bring passion and consistency to the table. We attract the best and brightest professionals by nurturing core ideals such as character, hard work, discipline, and teamwork. We reward performances and demand a total commitment to excellence and a will to win in everything that we choose to do.
- Assist the Ticket Sales & Service teams with the creation, planning and execution of Spirit events and the fulfillment of Spirit benefits.
- Assist the CRM Coordinator in various data capture activities, including Event RSVPs, Spirit Touchpoints and other areas as needed on the Ticketing department’s behalf.
- Assist with inventory management and delivery of all gifts and incentives, renewal sweepstake prizes and promotional items.
- Serve as a liaison with the Group & Membership Sales and other departments within the club to ensure all ticket programs and events operate at a world class level.
- Assist with editing and preparing of department collateral.
- Support administrative and project requirements, as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
Initiative - Volunteers readily; undertakes self-development activities; seeks increased responsibilities; takes independent actions and calculated risks; looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; asks for and offers help when needed.
Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; develops realistic action plans.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Minimum of 1 year of customer service and/or sales experience
- Ability to work a 40-hour work week that starts just before, and after, the soccer season
- Willingness to engage in a high volume of telemarketing and outside sales efforts
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a high-energy environment
- Ability to maintain confidential and/or proprietary information
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to develop solid working relationships at all levels across the organization [and externally]
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to produce high-quality, accurate work within designated deadlines
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office and CRM. Experience in Archtics and Ticketmaster is a plus
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; nights, weekends, and holidays is required.
- Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19
Washington Spirit is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.