The Director of Marketing leads the strategic revenue generating initiatives that include sales marketing, brand strategy, digital and process workflows. This position also supports sponsorship sales and corporate partnership marketing efforts.
While subject to change at the discretion of Club Management, the outline of the position as of today is as follows:
- This position is responsible for supervision of the Marketing staff.
- Hires, trains and mentors staff.
- Organizes schedules of staff.
- Conducts performance evaluations and provides feedback that is timely and constructive.
- Handles discipline and termination as needed and in accordance with company policy.
- Leads, trains and mentors a team dedicated to executing marketing initiatives across the organization.
- Effectively communicates and leads initiatives cross-departmentally with ticket sales, operations, corporate partnerships, communications, community relations, broadcast, in-game entertainment and youth partnerships.
- In partnership with Sales and Communications, directs and implements the organizations advertising and promotional activities to promote the brand and increase ticket sales and revenue opportunities.
- Analyzes target market information to identify and recommend effective marketing approaches.
- Prepares effective marketing campaigns based on market research.
- Collaborates with senior leadership team to develop growth plans for the club.
- Works in partnership with corporate partnership sales and partnership marketing to develop marketing assets, original content, and activations to deliver value to the club’s corporate partners.
- Conducts semi-annual brand health studies to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing campaigns.
- Collaborates with Communications to build and adjust marketing strategies as well as creative content calendar to reach current fans and build new audiences.
- Creates marketing systems and processes to support key organizational goals and budgets.
- Constructs the schedule for live reads and commercial content for in-game broadcasts
- Executes game-day marketing assets, signage and deliverables.
- Functions as a liaison between the club and the league for marketing assets.
- Manages marketing department budget.
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Thorough understanding of market developments
- Thorough understanding of marketing strategies and practices
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to comprehend customer segmentation and market research
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- High level of commitment to quality work product and organizational ethics, integrity and compliance
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Ability to travel and to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays when the game schedule and workload require it
- Ability to attend all home games
Education & Experience
- 5+ years of experience in marketing required
- 2+ years of people management experience required
- Demonstrated track record for concepting innovative sponsorships required
- Commitment to diversity, equality, and inclusion required
- Knowledge of sports and entertainment sponsorship, including promotions, events and contracts required
- Graphic design experience preferred
- Previous experience working for a professional sports team or league preferred
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
Possible Work-Related Conditions
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.