CFO - Washington Spirit
Job Summary/General Description:
The primary responsibility of this position is to ensure the accuracy and integrity of all financial and fiscal operations. This position will have direct oversight of the Accounting team. The CFO will ensure that the highest performance levels in the industry are achieved as well as implement business best practices in each of those areas with a continued focus on innovation.
- Oversee the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statement preparation and analysis and ensure the financial statements are prepared in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company policies.
- Serve as a key member of the senior leadership team providing leadership and input to management peers regarding the financial implications of all major business decisions.
- Provide ownership group and senior management with timely and accurate financial and other management information in a usable and understandable format to support operating initiatives and strategic alternatives.
- Manages annual operating and capital budget process, through review with senior management and ownership.
- Provide advice and counsel to direct reports, senior managers and others relating to a broad scope of responsibilities noted above.
- Provides financial analysis to a wide range of assignments, often under tight deadlines, to support numerous business processes and initiatives.
- Recommend and implement written policies and procedures that reflect the financial goals and objectives of the organization’s ownership group and senior management team.
- Ensure the company-wide implementation of superior accounting financial reporting and financial processes and internal controls.
- This includes developing appropriate processes, procedures and tools to ensure that deficiencies are identified and corrected in a timely fashion.
- Evaluate on an ongoing basis the accounting system, so that it reflects an accurate assessment of the operating revenues and expenses of the organization.
- Assists with the annual business planning process.
- Develop and maintain a system for forecasting to ensure that new/different business initiatives are captured and re-forecasted.
- Develop a methodology for the evaluation of new business opportunities.
- Previous experience as a CFO, Sr. Accountant or Controller required
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or related discipline; Master’s degree in Business (MBA) with a concentration in Finance preferred
- 10+ years of financial experience and management experience with day-to-day financial operations of an organization of at least 50 employees
- Experience with Quickbooks
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be well organized and able to work independently.
- Must commute into the office at least two (2) days a week.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.