Job Title: Summer Equipment / Operations Internship -
Length of Employment: Seasonal Position - Please indicate your dates available. Duration of internship dependent on applicant, but preferably from August 1st - December 15, 2020
Location: Boyds, MD
Reports To: Equipment Manager,VP of Soccer Operations and Development, Coaching Staff
Compensation: unpaid (Credit optional)
The Operations/ Equipment intern is responsible for the assisting in the operations and logistics relating directly to the players, coaches, team staff and youth programs. Intern will help with the Equipment Manager oversee the Pro Team and Development Academy Teams
This is an unpaid internship but we can fulfill requirements for college credit or community service.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- In season: Practice prep, general practice field set up, laundering of game uniforms and practice gear, daily locker room set up and cleaning, and game day preparations.
- Prepare Pro Team player and team equipment
- In season: Assist in running Game Day Operations for the Pro Team, Reserve Program and DA Academy.
- Off-Season: Prepare equipment for 2019 season
- Youth Program or other program responsibilities as assigned by the Operations Staff, Head Coach or General Manager.
- Must have a strong work ethic and a desire to build a career in professional sports and entertainment
- Superior Time Management Skills, Dependability, Attention to Detail, Excellent interpersonal skills, Professionalism.
Must have transportation
- Must be able to move and/or lift up to 50 pounds
- This position requires work inside and outside of the building and some exposure to adverse conditions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.