Compensation: Paid a stipend of $50 per game
Job Summary: Game Day Staff will be assigned to one of our game day positions prior to each game. The positions we currently have openings for are Usher, Ticket Scanner, and Youth Group Experience Assistant. Hospitality and Set up / Tear Down. We have openings for all of our home games. Staff may be placed at one of these positions for the season or rotated through these positions. Staff does not need to be available for every game but it would be preferable that they have availability for most of our home games.
Remaining Home Schedule:
- July 20 2019 v. Houston Dash @ Maryland SoccerPlex
- August 10 2019 v. Chicago Red Stars @ Maryland SoccerPlex
- August 21 2019 v. Utah Royals @ Maryland SoccerPlex
- August 24 2019 v. Orlando Pride @ Audi Field
- September 14 2019 v. Seattle Reign @ Audi Field
- September 28 2019 v. NC Courage @ Maryland SoccerPlex
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Must be on time on Game Days to meet with Sales Staff prior to gates opening.
- Will be assigned a gate location by sales staff and must report to that location in a timely manner.
- Will scan guests’ tickets and direct them to their seat location if necessary.
- Must be willing to learn and be knowledgeable about stadium sections, location of Will Call, bathrooms, etc.
- Responsible for returning scanning equipment to sales staff once the gates close.
- May be required to assist with ushering at the end of the game depending on crowd size.
- May be required to assist in breaking down the gates once scanning has concluded.
- Must be on time to meet with Usher Manager prior to the game.
- Will check guests’ ticket stubs to verify that they are in the correct area.
- Will direct guests to their appropriate row and seat.
- Will be available on the concourse to assist guests throughout the game.
- Will keep the aisle clear of debris, obstructions, and people, adhering to all fire and safety regulations.
- Will pay close attention and make sure guests are not entering restricted areas, such as the field area.
- Keep a close eye out during the game to make sure guests are not standing, sitting, or squatting by the railing until after the final whistle.
- After the game, they will monitor the fans at the railing to make sure no one is leaning, pushing or shoving, or running during autographs.
Youth Group Experiences General Assistant
- Assist with all youth group experiences before, during and after the Washington Spirit games.
- Check-in all youth group experience participants and ensure they have signed a waiver.
- Organize the participants by team and move them to specified locations as directed by youth group experience leads.
- Direct parents and coaches where to stand during youth group experiences.
- Communicate effectively and courteously to the children, parents, and coaches when directed to by the youth group experience leads.
- Must be 18 or older.
- Must have a strong work ethic.
- Superior Time Management Skills, Dependability, Attention to Detail, Excellent interpersonal skills, Professionalism.
- Must have transportation to and from games.
- This position requires work inside and outside of the building and some exposure to adverse conditions
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.