Seattle Reign FC is one of nine teams in the National Women’s Soccer League. The NWSL is the premier women’s professional soccer league in North America, featuring many of the top players from the United States, Canada and around the world. Seattle Reign FC train and host home matches at Memorial Stadium, located in the shadow of the Space Needle on the Seattle Center campus.
Overview of Role
The Retail Operations Intern position is an un-paid, part-time role that focuses on the preparation and execution of home matches. This position will benefit from hands-on experience in sports merchandising, online retailing, and customer service. This staff member will have the opportunity to work with professionals across all departments and develop familiarity with the Shopify and Amazon selling platforms.
- Assist in pre-match planning period
- Assist with retail operations on and leading up to matchday including: stadium set up, operating the merchandise kiosk, and stadium shut down
- Craft personalized, printed jerseys for retail sale
- Provide first class customer service to Seattle Reign FC fans at the merchandise kiosk on matchdays.
- Ability to receive school credit
- Ability to supervise matchday volunteers
- Access to reliable transportation
- Weekend availability – most matches on weekends, occasional weekday
- Ability to lift at least 40 lbs
- Outstanding communication skills including in-person and email
- Focused on attention to detail, fostering a positive work experience, and creating a memorable experience for our customer base.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.