Seattle Reign FC is one of ten teams in the National Women’s Soccer League. The NWSL is the premier women’s professional soccer league in North America, featuring many of the top players from the United States, Canada and around the world. Seattle Reign FC train and host home matches at Memorial Stadium, located in the shadow of the Space Needle on the Seattle Center campus.
Overview of Role
The Matchday Operations Intern position is an un-paid, part-time role that focuses on the preparation and execution of home matches. This role will work all home games, and may work an occasional day in the office. This position will benefit from an in-depth look behind the scenes of a professional sporting event, and will have the opportunity to work with professionals from a wide range of departments and levels.
- Assist with matchday operations and run of show including: stadium set up, presentation, and game operations
- Create game manuals, timelines, and credential lists
- Distribute credentials and other match-related items to full-time staff
- Help manage members of matchday staff and volunteers on matchdays
- Provide any support needed by teams, officials, full-time and part-time staff members on matchdays
- Ability to receive school credit
- Ability to supervise matchday staff and volunteers
- Access to reliable transportation
- Weekend availability – most matches on weekends, occasional weekday
- Ability to lift at least 40 lbs
- Outstanding communication skills including in-person and email
- Focused on attention to detail, taking initiative, and creating a positive working environment