ABOUT THE JOB
OL Reign was established in 2012 as a founding member of the National Women’s Soccer League. The NWSL is made up of twelve teams and is widely considered to be one of the most competitive professional soccer leagues in the world. Our players have captured the NWSL Shield three times and have made five appearances in the NWSL postseason. OL Reign plays its home matches at Lumen Field in Seattle, Washington.
OL Reign is seeking a Director, Sports Medicine to oversee the administration and operation of the medical department, as well as the rehabilitative care of all injured players. This position is a full-time role in Seattle, WA, and will report to the General Manager.
Administration + Supervision
- Provide supervision to all medical staff, including Athletic Trainers, massage therapists, sports dietitians,
- chiropractor, and clinical and sports psychologists.
- Manage work agreements and work schedules for external contractors.
- Facilitate communication between medical, performance, and coaching staff regarding player statuses and preparation for daily trainings.
- Create and submit (1) daily injury reports to relevant First Team staff and (2)
- weekly injury reports to the NWSL and U.S. Soccer.
- Support Sports Medicine department with all scheduling, including but not limited to player
- personal medical appointments, injury appointments, and player entrance/exit physicals.
- Manage medical billing, insurance submissions, and worker compensation claims, in conjunction with medical, staff, NWSL, and club Finance.
- Oversee the sports medicine environment to ensure NWSL and club policies are upheld, including procedures for electronic documentation.
- Oversee the health and wellness of all first team athletes, monitoring daily changes, and referring to and
- collaborating with appropriate medical staff as needed.
- Perform functional assessments and develop both team and individualized injury prevention programs.
- Assess injuries and develop comprehensive injury treatment, rehabilitation, and return to play plans.
- Actively collaborate with medical, performance, and coaching staff to standardize return to play and loading progression protocols, as well as individual player programs.
- Assist Athletic trainers with daily pre- and post-training treatment management, rehabilitation and assist with any taping or training preparation needed by the players.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Residency trained sports certified specialist (SCS)
- Current CPR and AED certification
- Minimum 3 years collegiate, semi-professional, or professional experience
- Able and willing to attend all home matches and travel to all away matches
This role has a base salary range between $80,000 - $120,000 per year, dependent on experience and
OL Reign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.