ABOUT THE JOB
OL Reign was established in 2012 as a founding member of the National Women’s Soccer League. The NWSL is made up of twelve teams and is widely considered to be one of the most competitive professional soccer leagues in the world. Our players have captured the NWSL Shield three times and have made five appearances in the NWSL postseason. OL Reign plays its home matches at Lumen Field in Seattle, Washington.
OL Reign is seeking an Equipment Manager who will be responsible for all team equipment operations, including setup/teardown of training sessions, laundry operations, uniform preparation, and planning for home and road games. This is a full-time role in Seattle, WA.
- Order, inventory, and organize all team equipment and apparel.
- Maintain and oversee equipment room, laundry area, locker rooms, and external team storage units.
- Manage ordering, inventory, and heat pressing of patches, numbers, and letters on all team gear.
- Maintain and wash team training & gameday kits, and boots.
- Provide supervision and work management for Equipment Assistant.
- The day-to-day management and preparation of equipment needs of team and technical staff, assisting with medical staff equipment needs.
- Setup and collection of training equipment, and assisting with medical equipment.
- Accommodate and fulfill visiting team training requests.
- Maintain a clean and orderly locker room.
- Organize and execute a laundry system, including laundering towels and rags.
- Order and maintain name plates and logos for appropriate branding.
- Stock showers with appropriate items.
- Match Day Responsibilities:
- Setup and breakdown of team equipment, locker rooms, and benches.
- Maintain and wash team kits and boots.
- Support game flow for technical staff, and fulfill key operational NWSL standards.
- Travel with First Team to all away matches.
- Coordinate team, technical staff, and medical staff to pack and transport all equipment, kits, and boots.
- Setup and collection of gear on game and training days, as well as assistance with medical equipment
- Request training and equipment needs with home team.
- Launder match kits and training kits.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- 4+ years’ experience in sports and/or other entertainment events.
- Organized and optimistic.
- Capable of working in a fast-paced and demanding environments.
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritize workflow, managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to deliver high quality work and execute under pressure and deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication combined with a professional demeanor.
- Consistent and detailed communicator.
- Able and willing to travel to all away matches.
- Detail oriented, solutions oriented, and results oriented.
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Valid driver’s license with excellent driving record.
- Experience with heat pressing sports uniforms and Nike – Gameday platform preferred.
This position requires regularly lifting/pushing up to 50 pounds and occasionally lifting/pushing more than 75 pounds or exerting heavy force, in a wide disparity or environmental conditions. The job involves standing, stooping, bending, lifting, pushing, etc.
This role has a base salary range between $60,000 - $70,000 per year, dependent on experience and qualifications.
OL Reign is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.