OL Reign (originally Seattle Reign FC) was established in 2012 as a founding member of the National Women’s Soccer League. The ten-team NWSL (which will expand to twelve in 2022 with the addition of teams in LA and San Diego) is widely considered to be the most competitive women’s professional soccer league in the world. Over its first eight seasons the club twice captured the NWSL Shield while making four appearances in the NWSL postseason. In 2019, the club was acquired by Olympique Lyonnais, one of Europe’s most iconic football clubs. OL Reign plays its home matches at Cheney Stadium in Tacoma, Washington.
The VP of Corporate Partnerships is directly responsible for generating revenue through sponsorship sales and hospitality packages. Ideal candidates will be individuals with a sales-focused career path who are relentless in their pursuit of generating revenue and building strong and enduring relationships with corporate partners. A proven track record of sales and a network of relationships that can be converted to OL Reign clients are vital.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications, Sales, Marketing or similar
- Sports background with team sponsorship/hospitality sales is preferred
- Exceptional verbal and written communication/presentation skills
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office software applications
- Takes initiative to complete tasks above expected standard
- Drive to constantly improve and learn
- Ability to multi-task and complete multiple jobs at once
- Ability to work well individually as well as within a group environment
- Identify and value sponsorship assets; develop new assets; package assets to maximize value and impact for partners
- Develop compelling narrative that demonstrates the extraordinary value that partnerships with OL Reign can deliver
- Cultivate new and existing corporate partner relationships to ensure sponsor revenue growth that exceeds the requirements for this position as determined by the company
- Prospect, generate corporate leads, develop relationships, identify customer needs, provide solutions, develop dynamic sales presentation, negotiate, and close new business
- Identify new revenue opportunities via outbound sales efforts, targeting new business lines, and creating additional sellable inventory
- Develop a robust pipeline with probability of closing to ensure volume necessary to attain revenue goals assigned by the company
- Utilize CRM tools to track, measure, and analyze sales activity
- Work closely with Sponsorship Account Manager to ensure fulfillment and maximize value to each account
- Identify local and national trends and emerging markets and adjust sales/service strategies accordingly
- Regularly staff OL Reign games for the purpose of prospecting or engaging sponsors and prospects
- VP of Corporate Partnerships will report directly to Chief Operating Officer
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.