San Diego WAVE FC
Position: Manager of Ticketing and Group Sales
Reports to: Sr. Director of Ticket Sales and Premium
Direct Reports: 2
Permanent Office Location: San Diego – North County Area – expected January 2022 or sooner, until then office location is work from home.
San Diego Wave FC Leadership Team
The National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL) announced in June 2021 that San Diego will be home to an NWSL expansion team, set to begin play in Spring, 2022. Jill Ellis, the only two-time FIFA Women’s World Cup winning manager and a former FIFA World Women’s Coach of the Year recipient, serves as President of the San Diego NWSL team while England standout and former Manchester United Women’s Manager Casey Stoney will serve as the team’s head coach. Chief Revenue Officer, Vanessa Shay, will run revenue streams, marketing, and business operations. The San Diego Wave FC is owned by investor Ron Burkle. Burkle has tapped longtime friend and business associate Matt Alvarez to lead the project on his behalf as Vice Chairman.
San Diego Wave FC is a professional soccer club. Our ambition is to establish an organization that stands as THE leader in women’s professional sports. Our goal on the field, to consistently compete for championships, will be matched by our desire to unite and serve our community. We will create a world class home for our supporters and build a team that they will be proud to call their own.
The National Women’s Soccer League is a 12-team Division-I women’s professional soccer league featuring national team players from around the world. The clubs are the Chicago Red Starts, Houston Dash, North Carolina Courage, Orlando Pride, Portland Thorns FC, OL Reign, NY/NJ Gotham FC, Kansas City, Washington Spirit, and Racing Louisville FC. Expansion teams LA Angel City FC and San Diego Wave FC will begin play in 2022. Based in Chicago, the NWSL partners with the Canadian Soccer Association and the United States Soccer Federation.
Women’s Soccer in the US
Women’s sports, specifically soccer, have seen a significant growth, demonstrated by a variety of metrics – including fan interest, media coverage, the overall expansion of teams and the increased investment of ownership groups from other professional leagues. Deloitte writes, “Women’s sports events have demonstrated their mass-market appeal, and thus monetary potential, on multiple occasions. In short, women’s sports is ripe for greater monetization.
Manager, Ticketing and Group Sales
The San Diego Wave FC Ticket Sales team is responsible for all sales of Season Memberships and Group Sales. This position will require a business plan and execution of a strategy to meet and surpass all revenue goals. We are seeking an energetic and positive leader who can act as a role model to foster a culture of growth and development for our Sales staff. In addition, Manager, Ticketing and Group Sales will be tasked with taking the lead on prospecting and running new sales events.
- Manages sales staff including Account Executives, Group Sales, and Inside Sales Representatives; Responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, managing and professional development of ticket sales staff. Lead sales staff by example, through proactive direction, feedback, and mentoring.
- Attend all San Diego Wave FC games and manage all in-game sales related activities; support sales staff on calls, appointments, and non-gameday events, to help drive new business and retain revenue
- Create, develop, and implement sales campaigns as it relates to season tickets, group tickets, promotional ticket packages and single game tickets
- Daily use and maintenance of CRM including but not limited to training to ensure all Reps use CRM properly
- Prepare timely and accurate reports to upper management including sales standings, prospecting reports, and staff performance
- Manage timesheets and schedules for all direct reports
- Meet or exceed weekly/monthly/yearly overall sales and revenue goals
- Build and manage a portfolio of group ticket customers and organizations
- Grow and maintain season ticket membership base through renewals and new business
- Provide the highest level of customer service to all customers
- Other duties as assigned
A Candidate should possess:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience in professional sports team sales management
- Spanish speaking preferred
- Excellent, professional written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organized, self-starter, resourceful, detail oriented and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook); ticketing systems, and CRM; Microsoft Dynamics preferred
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including all home games, non-game day events, evenings, weekends, and holidays as needed
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.