WE’D LOVE FOR YOU TO JOIN US!
San Diego Wave Fútbol Club is on a mission to build a world class home for players and fans that will be loved locally and respected globally. We are seeking a dynamic, forward-thinking Senior Vice President of Corporate Partnerships to join our mission to share our story, win championships, increase, and delight our fans. We’re making memories and engaging our community through this beautiful game.
The ideal candidate will be collaborative in process and innovative in approach to engage both existing and prospective key corporate partners with the goal of driving revenue and delivering on sales objectives. The individual in this role will lead corporate partnership revenue growth and provide leadership for all aspects of corporate partnership sales and marketing with an emphasis on building a high-performance environment. This is a full-time role in San Diego, California. Depending upon experience, the annual base salary range is $200,000 - $250,000 plus bonus based on achieved business objectives.
- As a member of the Executive team, develop a multi-year strategy and achieve ambitious YoY partnership revenue growth goals aligned with our vision, mission, and business targets.
- Connect directly with key executives of leading national and global brands to increase sales and investment opportunities.
- Lead and develop an aspirational team of courageous, collaborative, and empowered professionals to accomplish our partnership sales and marketing goals.
- Promote positive communication and cooperation among employees to create a spirit of unity within the Club and business community.
- Work with our President and other leaders to establish partnership strategies, processes, and procedures targeted to achieve sales objectives.
- Build strong relationships with local, regional, national, and global corporate leaders, the National Women’s Soccer League, and key civic and community leaders ensuring mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Assess partnership performance, define then advance initiatives, remove obstacles, identify, and cultivate opportunities for increased sales.
- Ensure all sales agreements, reported data, metrics, and results are accurate, in compliance, are within budget, and meet deadlines.
- Develop benchmarks and reports on leading and lagging indicators to measure performance towards objectives; proactively solve for KPIs not achieved.
- Leverage data to analyze industry trends and competitive landscape, forecast, develop, and make business decisions in real-time.
- To align strategies, present the status of partnerships to our ownership group and key stakeholders.
- Adapt quickly as business needs evolve.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA preferred.
- 15+ years of progressive sales and leadership experience.
- Proven ability to deliver on short-term and long-term revenue growth goals.
- Experience working in professional sports specifically selling jersey (kit) branding and other assets.
- Exceptional at building relationships both internally and externally.
- In-depth knowledge of the sports industry.
- Meticulous attention to detail, analytical, and results driven.
- Advanced, applied knowledge of MS Office suite.
- Creative problem-solving ability.
- Professional, positive, and proactive.
- Passion for the success of Women’s Professional Sports.
- Available to work game day and other events often outside of traditional business hours.
Our people are our club. We believe different backgrounds and experiences bring new ideas and perspectives. We encourage talented candidates from underrepresented and underserved backgrounds to apply. We’re excited to welcome new members of our team who share our passion.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.