WE’D LOVE FOR YOU TO JOIN US!
San Diego Wave Fútbol Club is on a mission to build a world class home for players and fans that will be loved locally and respected globally. We are seeking a Chief Business Officer to join our mission so we can share our story, win championships, increase, and delight our fans. We’re making memories and engaging our community through this beautiful game.
This is a full-time role in San Diego, California where our Chief Business Officer is responsible for leading the company towards long-term success. This position is responsible for leadership of all aspects of sales, marketing, and operations with an emphasis on growth and building a high-performance environment. At Wave FC, we are open communicators and foster supportive relationships. We collaborate to excel so this position works closely with internal teams and external clients, our community, and partners. Dive in, check out the details below; if it sounds like you and something you’re interested in, apply today.
- Share in our mission and enthusiasm.
- As a member of the Executive team, develop a multi-year strategy to achieve ambitious YoY growth goals aligned with our vision, mission, and business targets to positively impact our community and elevate professional women’s soccer/fútbol.
- Lead and develop an aspirational front-office team of engaged, collaborative, and empowered professionals to accomplish our primary goals.
- Promote positive communication and cooperation among employees to create a spirit of unity within the Club and community.
- Work with President and other leaders to establish policies, processes, and procedures targeted to achieve operational excellence.
- Continue to define and advance strategic initiatives and major projects; remove obstacles, identify, and cultivate opportunities.
- Develop long-term relationships with the National Women’s Soccer League, key civic, community, media, and corporatations ensuring mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Maximize revenue by increasing game attendance/enjoyment, partnerships, ticket, and merchandise sales.
- Ensure all reported data, metrics, and results are accurate, comply with regulations, laws, and standards are within budget, and meet deadlines.
- Develop benchmarks and reports on multiple indicators to measure club performance towards goals; proactively solve for KPIs not achieved.
- Leverage data to analyze organizational trends and competitive landscape, forecast, develop, and make business decisions in real-time.
- To align strategies, present the status of the Club to our ownership group and key stakeholders.
- Adapt quickly as business needs evolve.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- 10+ years of extensive, progressive experience maximizing company performance, driving growth, and achieving goals, preferably in a sports team field.
- MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of the sports industry.
- Understanding of both forecasting and data analytics to drive growth.
- Exceptional at building relationships both internally and externally.
- Professional, positive, and proactive.
- Passion for the success of Women’s Professional Sports.
- Meticulous attention to detail, analytical, and results driven.
- Advanced, applied knowledge of MS Office suite.
- Available for game day and other events (often outside of traditional business hours).
WE SUPPORT OUR TEAM
Our people are our club. We champion an inclusive culture and prioritize diversity and equity. We believe different backgrounds and experiences bring new ideas and perspectives. Our goal is to have diverse, talented candidates from underrepresented and underserved backgrounds apply. We’re excited to welcome new members of our team who share our passion.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.