WE’D LOVE FOR YOU TO JOIN US!
We are on a mission to build a world class home for players and fans that will be loved locally and respected globally. Our ambition is to establish an organization that stands as THE leader in women’s professional sports. And we are seeking an Assistant Coach to join our mission by assisting all on-the-pitch matters including but not limited to; training, scouting, player development, and game-day preparations.
At Wave FC, we collaborate as a team and build relationships with our technical team, players, front-office staff, fans, and our community. This position reports directly to the Head Coach, Casey Stoney. Dive in, check out the details below; if it sounds like you and something you’re interested in, we encourage you to apply.
- Share in our mission and ambition
- Contribute positively to the team culture by developing collaborative relationships with all
- Coach and assist Head Coach with team in all exhibitions, regular season, playoff, tournament, international, and other games
- Assume first team game-day coaching duties as needed, with ability to step into head coach role as required (due to non-attendance, suspension, or otherwise)
- Lead and be involved in all aspects of team activities and events; including cultivating community relationships and engagement
- Create and foster professional relationships with each player to maximize their contributions to the team as players and development as people
- Conduct, assist, and supervise individual practices and training camps for the team
- Design training sessions for the club, team, and individual players
- Oversee scouting of opponents by watching games, creating scouting reports and presenting data and details.
- Maintain current, detailed knowledge of all opponents’ individual and team strategies and proactively share informed input into team’s game plans
- Apply scouting methodology to college and international players, acquisition opportunities, roster management and development
- Clip film, analyze, and present findings
- Other responsibilities may arise as business needs evolve
- Professional qualifications of USSF A or UEFA A license, required
- Extensive, applied knowledge of soccer/futbol and detailed understanding of current and developing tactics, coaching methods, analytics, and training methods
- Proven experience working in elite sport
- Experience coaching at professional or collegiate level, preferred
- Professional, positive, and proactive
- Effective communication skills, strong attention to detail, and solutions-orientated
- Desire and ability to take on responsibilities in a fast-paced, start-up environment
- Passion for the success of Women’s Professional Sports
- Intermediate applied knowledge of MS Office suite
- Proficiency in Sportscode or equivalent platform
WE SUPPORT OUR TEAM
Our people are our club. We champion an inclusive culture, prioritize diversity and equity. We believe different backgrounds and experiences bring new ideas and perspectives. We encourage talented candidates from diverse, underrepresented, and underserved backgrounds to apply. Compensation is competitive and onboarding is fun. We’re excited to welcome new members of our team who share our passion.
Have what it takes and ready to join us? Apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.