The National Women's Soccer League (NWSL) is the top professional women's soccer league in the USA, with 12 teams and 300+ of the best soccer players globally. In just its 10th season, the league continues to grow exponentially: In 2022, the NWSL shattered all-time fan attendance records, more than two dozen markets expressed demand for expansion teams, valuations of teams multiplied by double digits, several new C-suite executives were hired, and the league continues to receive unprecedented interest from sponsors and media partners alike. The future of the NWSL has never looked brighter.
We are seeking a highly motivated intern who possesses a proven interest in pursuing a career in sports to join our team and support League operations in the Chicago office.
Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, the Operations Intern assists with all matters related to the league's operations and administrative matters.
- Assist in managing of the league's match operations and security initiatives including match presentation as well as match and event security and accreditation.
- Assist with gathering and tracking team travel itineraries.
- Assist with processing and tracking Professional Referee Organization (PRO) game reports.
- Assist in the execution of league events (NWSL Draft, NWSL Challenge Cup and NWSL Championship).
- Assist with the creation and distribution of game notices.
- Assist with ticket report collection, processing, and data collection.
- Assist in setup of NWSL tactical match recordings on the Spiideo platform.
- Assist with managing the inventory of League gear and distribution.
- Support Office Administration (order and restock supplies, retrieve and send packages, handle maintenance request).
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or enrolled in a four-year accredited college or university.
- Experience in sports administration.
- Ability to multitask and execute without close supervision.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to deliver high quality work and execute under pressure/deadlines.
- Able and willing to work non-traditional hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Has a strong professional and positive presence/image that represents the League both internally and externally.
- Guided by strong moral and ethical principles.
- Knowledge of the sport of soccer.
- Pursues lifelong development and learning.
- Communicates in a direct, open and honest manner.
- Accountable for actions/decisions and does not make excuses.
- Seeks feedback.
- Practices self-assessment and self-reflection.
Location: Chicago (In-person 3-4 times per week)
Duration: June 5th - December 8th
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Hours: Monday - Friday, 40-hour workweek, occasional weekends if requested by manager
NWSL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment decisions, including the recruiting, hiring, placement, training availability, promotion, compensation, evaluation, disciplinary actions, and termination of employment (if necessary) are made without regard to the employee's race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, personal appearance, family responsibilities, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, political affiliation, source of income, place of residence, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service, physical or mental disability, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.