The National Women's Soccer League (NWSL) is the top professional women's soccer league in the USA, with 12 teams and 300+ of the best soccer players globally. In just its 10th season, the league continues to grow exponentially: In 2022, the NWSL shattered all-time fan attendance records, more than two dozen markets expressed demand for expansion teams, valuations of teams multiplied by double digits, several new C-suite executives were hired, and the league continues to receive unprecedented interest from sponsors and media partners alike.
The Director of Business Intelligence function provides data-driven insights which inform all aspects of the Marketing including: revenue, partnerships, sponsorships, brand, and all marketing programs and channels. Reporting to the CMO, this highly visible and collaborative role plays a crucial role in the NWSL's success to scale and strengthen fan engagement and revenue through becoming the source of truth for the data-driven decision making.
With fans of NWSL teams growing at an unprecedented rate the Director of Business Intelligence is a unique opportunity for a dynamic leader to bring their skills to the NWSL and shape the future of the sport.
- Deliver the necessary data and analytic insights to Marketing and other League functions, ensuring reports are timely and accurate and include insights into variances to trend.
- Work closely with Marketing and other NWSL functional leaders, identify the metrics tracking the critical growth drivers, to ensure consistent, efficient understanding of contribution and progress.
- Be the "source of truth" for the company with validated data/insights ensuring reports tick, tie and foot across all reporting.
- Develop standards and processes around data governance, quality and accessibility to address the self-service needs of Marketing and other functional teams.
- Develop and automate reports/dashboards to provide insights at scale in addition to providing ad hoc analytics and insights around ticketing, fan engagement, revenue, consumption and more.
- Continuously improve our insight-creation capabilities to improve quality and agility of output.
- Bachelors in a quantitative field (Business, Math/ Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, or similar); Masters, preferred.
- 5+ years of leadership experience with data analysis, data science or business insights delivering reports, insights and ad hoc analyses across a complex business.
- Passionately believe in the value that data-driven decisions can bring to the business.
- Apply best practices but are up to date on the latest thinking and are open to try new approaches.
- Demonstrate strong written and slide development presentation skills for clear communication of results and trends, telling the "so what" not just 'reporting the numbers.
- Comfortable working autonomously in a matrix organization, juggling multiple projects, prioritizing stakeholder needs, and working under tight deadlines.
- Able to work effectively across all levels in an organization and with team members of varying degrees of comfort and experience with analytics.
- Demonstrated technical chops in data warehouse, ETL, modeling, data visualization / analytics and monitoring.
Annual Salary Range: $150,000 - $160,000
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.