Job Description – Assistant Coach
North Carolina Football Club
Reports to: Head Coach
FLSA Status: Exempt
The North Carolina Courage (first-division women’s pro soccer team playing in the NWSL) and North Carolina FC (third-division men’s pro soccer team playing in USL League 1), is seeking an Assistant Coach to oversee player and on-the-field strategies to include field training, scouting, player development and gameday preparations. The Assistant Coach works closely and collaborates with the technical staff, medical staff, and players of the NC Courage.
- Work with Head Coach, other Assistant Coaches, technical staff, medical staff and players on daily and weekly team activities and events.
- Foster a culture of inclusion and support for players and staff.
- Create and foster individual and professional relationships with players, medical and technical staff, aimed to maximize their contributions to the team and development.
- Assist the club and staff in driving the values and culture set forth to provide a healthy, safe, and productive work environment.
- Support the National Women’s Soccer League and the Collective Bargaining Agreement to ensure all aspects of League and CBA requirements are being fulfilled.
- Conduct, assist and supervise individual practices and training camps for the team.
- Assist Head coach in the selection and development of all tactical/technical aspects of player performance of the team including on field professional training and match performances.
- As directed, support, work with and observe the North Carolina Courage U23 team.
- Collaborate with the medical staff in the review, development, and coordination of performance metrics for the players.
- Oversee scouting of opponents by watching games, creating reports, and presenting findings.
- Maintain excellent current knowledge of all opponents’ individual and team strategies to allow informed input into team’s game plans.
- Apply scouting methodology to college and international players, acquisition opportunities, roster management and development.
- Prepare players for all games played by the team, including developing game strategies and the scouting of opposing teams.
- Provide individual feedback to players on their performance and development while maintaining open dialogue about standards and expectations throughout the season.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. The duties listed do not represent an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
- 5 years of relevant coaching experience and/or high-level playing experience.
- Proven experience in coaching women’s sports teams preferred.
- Professional qualifications at USSF A or UEFA A level preferred.
- Outstanding knowledge of the sport and detailed understanding of current and developing tactics, coaching methods, analytics, and training methods.
- Desire and passion to advance women’s sports.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours to support gameday activities during the season.
- Ability to travel with the team for games and separately for scouting activities.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met or may be encountered by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job requires regularly lifting/pushing up to 25 pounds and occasionally lifting/pushing more than 50 pounds or exerting heavy force, in a wide disparity or environmental conditions. The job involves standing, stooping, bending, lifting, pushing, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.