Something special is happening in Kansas City and we’re looking for a dynamic individual who can keep up with us and lead the way in building and cultivating relationships with our marketing partners. Yes, the primary responsibility of the Vice President of Marketing Partnerships is to generate significant incremental sponsorship revenue for KC NWSL, but we’re doing it a little differently. We’re focused not only on growing the platform of the club and our powerful players, but on lifting others up thru a ten percent community give-back promise via KC NWSL’s ownership group and helping our visualize and understand the value that comes from aligning with our brand.
- Collaborate with local and national brands to build fully-integrated, customized partnership platforms; understand available and develop new team assets to create engagement and emotional connection benefitting partners, the team and the community in a way that is greater than the sum of the parts.
- Continually develop new relationships with potential local and national marketing partners through active civic engagement, authentic community involvement and a proven ability to connect with decision-makers.
- Work with other verticals of the business (i.e. marketing, content, community relations) to ensure that programming and messaging are aligned and integrated with the club’s mission to elevate our players and inspire the high hopes of our region.
- Continually stay ahead of sports marketing trends and knowledge of the marketplace and bring ideas to the table to help us dream big for this team, this league and this city. This should include an understanding of traditional activation tactics such as advertising, signage and tickets, but also a relentless focus on how to do it better, and how to drive authentic integration between partner and team to bring value to the experience.
- Understand that in this role, you’re a dreamer, a planner and a doer. Come up with the big ideas, be willing to roll up the sleeves and do the work, plan, measure, report, evaluate. As requested, prepare weekly sales reports and participate in company meetings/activities
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to develop and maintain corporate relationships with senior executives and clients
- Deep understanding and passion for the mission of the organization
- Highly organized, resourceful, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong knowledge and experience in public relations, publicity and marketing with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint
- Enterprising self-starter
- Problem solver
- Experience in managing staff and direct reports
- Ability to work well with varying personalities in an environment with constant deadlines
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to work evenings and weekends and/or holidays & overtime as required
- Some travel required
- Education: Four-year undergraduate college degree in marketing, sports administration, business or other related field
- Experience: 7+ years of experience in sales experience
- Experience working in sports is preferred, but not required
- Ability to work in a team environment
KEY PERSONALITY TRAITS:
- Aims high (Why wouldn’t you?)
- Lives for the challenge, especially to the status quo
- Gets it done
- Doesn’t see obstacles, only opportunity
- Knows together is better, for team and community
- Always improving
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.