Kansas City Women’s Soccer is seeking a Director of Marketing Partnership Activation who has a strong passion for women’s professional sports and proven corporate partnership activation and service experience. As a Director of Marketing Partnership Activation, you will collaborate on projects to meet and exceed the expectations of our sponsors and uphold the integrity of the KC NWSL brand. You will lead the creation, development and execution of various sponsored initiatives, community relations programs and marketing events, working closely with colleagues across the organization to meet due dates and further the mission of KC NWSL.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development and execution of creative concepts across all verticals (digital, grassroots, etc.)
- Understand the business goals and objectives of each Marketing Partnership account and strategically provide ideas and recommendations to grow their business
- Collaborate closely with internal departments such as Marketing & Communications, Community Relations, Digital Content, and Game Production to drive effective and timely promotional content
- Establish and effectively execute a budget to ensure that promotional activations are crafted within the sponsor's fiscal parameters
- Coordinate with sales, facilitating and gathering all materials needed to fulfill sponsorships – Collecting logos, advertisements, radio spots, broadcast components, etc.
- Facilitate cross functional department meetings and provide regular updates to leadership.
- Review gameday scripts, public address scripts, rundowns, etc., to ensure accurate sponsorship fulfillment.
- Submit all partnership creative briefs and proofread all collateral material featuring the corporate partner and club’s logos for correct usage, i.e., sponsor artwork, logos, print, digital, social, and other relevant items.
- Maintain collateral, articles, photographs, press releases, statistics, etc. for use in preparing and presenting sponsor recaps to key decision makers during the contract renewal process
- Manage and supervise the Marketing Partnership Activation Manager
- Hire, train, and supervise all Marketing Partnership Activation Matchday Staff
- Work closely with the NWSL Partnerships Team to ensure league partnership activation is executed effectively and efficiently within market
- Work KC NWSL match nights and other KC NWSL events as assigned to execute and monitor sponsor promotions and activities
- Manage and track all account history, relationship details and partnership activation details on a consistent basis
- Provide recaps of activations/partner components when requested and at the end of each season
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Sports Management, or related field
- Minimum of three years working in sponsorship or related field
- Experience in or general knowledge of sales tactics and client relations
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to balance multiple tasks with strong attention to detail and listening skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including PowerPoint
- Strong time management and administrative skills
- Self-motivated and highly dependable with the ability to work independently or collaborate to meet department goals
KEY PERSONALITY TRAITS:
- Lives for the challenge, especially to the status quo
- Gets it done
- Doesn’t see obstacles, only opportunity
- Knows together is better, for team and community
- Always improving
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.