Kansas City Women’s Professional Soccer Team, playing in the NWSL, are seeking an Head Athletic Trainer to be part of the present Medical Team.
The Athletic Trainer will work closely with the Medical Team consisting of Athletic Trainers, Physical Therapist, Sports Performance Coach, Massage Therapist, Chiropractor, Medical Director and Team Physicians, who all report to the Head Soccer Coach.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Daily work with players on injury prevention strategies, evaluation monitoring, treatment and rehabilitation.
- Collaborate with Medical Team/Sports Performance Coach in implementation of rehabilitation protocols and RTP progression protocols.
- Support the Sports Performance Coach and other technical staff as requested in monitoring and managing RTP protocols
- Coordinating with Physicians and other Medical personnel on care of players.
- Injury reporting, documentation and maintenance of medical records.
- Communicating, managing and ensuring all players and staff are following Covid protocols, including testing and delivery of tests to local laboratory.
- Managing inventory and re-stocking of clinical and clerical supplies along with organizing medical supplies for road trips.
- Assistance coordinating yearly physicals, baseline testing, and Entry and Exit physicals.
- Maintenance and upkeep of the training room and other sites as designated.
- Schedule and transport players to Doctor visits and other related appointments
- Travel to away games (a rotation basis).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities.
- Proven ability to meet multiple demands in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent inter-personal skills and demonstrated ability to build and cultivate professional relationships, effectively interacting with different personalities and skillsets from a player and staff perspective.
- Excellent organizational skills with accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven ability to work independently, prioritize and complete tasks in timely manner.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion on handling personal information.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office (including excel, word, outlook, PowerPoint and windows).
- Reliable and flexible team player within their own department and the club.
- Bachelor's Degree (Masters Preferred) in Athletic Training. Experience in an Athletic Training competitive sporting environment.
- Certification and in good standing with the National Athletic Training Board of Certification and committed to continuing education.
- Current CPR, AED and First Aid certification.
- MO/KS license preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.