The Kansas City Current is seeking a Director of Events. The Director of Events reports directly to the VP, Stadium Facility Development. The Director of Events is responsible for the planning and execution of Kansas City Current Stadium events including but not limited to Kansas City Current soccer matches, special events, corporate events, internal events, concerts, and other major events that may be booked. This position will lead the coordination of all event activities and will support the logistical and functional needs of the Current, promoters, internal departments, and service providers. The ideal candidate will exhibit a strong aptitude for project management, leadership, relationship building with clients, and effective communication. The candidate will also be a hands-on professional who enjoys rolling up his or her sleeves, working as part of a team, and jumping between disciplines to achieve goals. The goal is to ensure we become and remain the industry standard for excellence and ensure all our clients, guests, and staff have exceptional experiences.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
• Manages the planning, budgeting, and coordination of event operations before, during, and after assigned events.
• Works with the client/ show promoter to determine event logistical needs, policies, procedures, and requirements and effectively communicates and coordinates necessary services for the Event Security, Guest Services, Ticket Taking & Ushering, Parking, Food & Beverage, Box Office, Concert Merchandise, and Housekeeping Departments.
• Works with the stadium sales/ ticketing departments and the client/ show promoter to develop sales pricing and strategies.
• Communicates and disseminates event related information to appropriate departments, vendors, and others to ensure necessary levels of staffing coverage and overall event understanding.
• Creates event layouts and CAD drawings.
• Prepares event cost estimates and ensures event expenses are submitted for each event assigned.
• Supports internal departments including ticket sales, marketing, sponsorship, and game entertainment in the execution of game and event night concourse and arena activations.
• Monitors adherence from all departments on an on-going basis to establish high levels of
• Ensures the highest levels of service by identifying and communicating solutions to service challenges and opportunities to Stadium Management and leadership.
• Develops and maintains effective working relationships with clients, partners, stadium personnel, and all stakeholders.
• Provides post event reports and recaps of event night incidents to identify trends and makes recommendations for operational improvements and efficiencies.
• Develops and maintains event files for all assigned events.
• Maintains weekly event calendar and communication building wide.
• Perform various administrative tasks as assigned.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
• Perform other related tasks or projects as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university in public assembly facility management, hospitality management, business administration, or a related field preferred but will consider relevant work experience.
• 3-5 years’ experience operations experience with large-scale events in a stadium, concert, or multi-use facility setting.
• At least 2 years’ experience in a management position with supervisory and decision-making
• Advanced knowledge of event logistics, budgeting, planning, and implementation.
• Must be adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an expert ability to present and
communicate new ideas and concepts to large audiences.
• Extremely organized and detail oriented, resourceful, quick learner and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must be a skilled relationship builder and cross-organizational collaborator with the ability to build positive culture, lead, inspire, motivate, and develop employees.
• Excellent customer service and hospitality skills.
• Ability to work well in a team-oriented, fast-paced, event-driven environment.
• Working knowledge of equipment safety, facility maintenance, and housekeeping.
• Ability to work event nights, weekends, and holidays as required.
• All new hires must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by date of hire, subject to legally mandated accommodations.
• Prolonged periods sitting at desk and working on a computer.
• Prolonged periods of standing and walking long distances.
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs and meet physical demands of the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.