The Kansas City Current is seeking a Director of Guest and Team Member Services. The Director of Guest and Team Member Services serves as a leading culture builder and ambassador of the KC Current Core Values for the new stadium. Primary responsibilities include managing the stadium Guest and Team Member Services department, driving consistency across all event day departments, and ensuring exceptional experiences for both stadium Guests and part-time, event day Team Members.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Manage the Guest and Team Members service department including full-time direct reports and part-time, seasonal Guest Service Team Members.
• Build and manage department staffing models, cost estimates, and event operations plans for major events.
• Ensure the flawless execution of Guest Service Team Members on major event days – providing exceptional hospitality across all operations including ingress/ egress, vertical transportation, VIP movements, gate operations, seating bowl operations, and Premium Seating operations.
• Manage the communication strategy for Guest Service Team Members, as well as the overall strategy for all part-time, seasonal Team Members.
• Create and manage department budgets.
• Document and address Team Members challenges and work with department leaders to implement coaching and improvement action plans.
Team Member Services
• Serve as a liaison for all event day departments to promote unity, consistency, and adoption of the stadium service philosophy, core values, and best practices.
• Collaborate with event day department leaders to design and enhance Team Members services. Ensure that hiring, training, and recognition initiatives are extended to all departments.
• Oversee and facilitate training programs for event day Team Members including Core Values Training and Leadership Training.
• Drive culture building initiatives through a best-in-class Team Member Rewards and Recognition Program.
• Oversee the recruitment and hiring program for part-time, event day Team Members.
• Oversee the stadium Guest Service program including ADA, lost and found, surprise and delight, and guest service recovery.
• Manage the stadium uniform program and Wardrobe Distribution Center.
• Oversee and track stadium feedback and trends. Capitalize on data to find efficiencies, improve processes, and resolve operational challenges.
• Must have a proven track record with building and maintaining a successful culture.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Sports Management or Hospitality (preferred).
• 5-7 years of progressive experience relating to venue management, in the capacity of guest service and hospitality.
• Minimum of 5 years overseeing a large and diverse group of employees (250+ preferred).
• Highly organized with excellent project management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines and work effectively in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to lead, give clear and concise direction, and provide feedback to staff.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills required.
• Ability to work flexible and extended hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
• Perform other related tasks or projects as assigned.
• All new hires must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by date of hire, subject to legally mandated accommodations.
• Prolonged periods sitting at desk and working on a computer.
• Prolonged periods of standing and walking long distances.
• Ability to lift up to 50lbs and meet physical demands of the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.