Job Summary: The Kansas City Current are seeking a full-time Assistant Athletic Trainer to provide sports medicine services to the team. The Assistant Athletic Trainer will work under the supervision of the Head Athletic Trainer to manage the healthcare needs of the athletes.
- Provide athletic training services to the team, including injury prevention, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation.
- Assist in the development and implementation of injury prevention and management programs.
- Maintain accurate medical records and communicate with other healthcare providers to ensure comprehensive care.
- Educate athletes on injury prevention, nutrition, and other health-related topics.
- Travel with the team to away games and provide medical coverage during practices and games.
- Assist in maintaining and ordering athletic training supplies and equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head Athletic Trainer.
- Strong knowledge of sports medicine principles, techniques, and practices.
- Ability to evaluate and treat a variety of sports-related injuries.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in the use of technology for medical record-keeping and communication.
Minimum Education and Qualifications:
- Certified by the Board of Certification (BOC) and in good standing with the BOC.
- Holds a current CPR certification in Basic Life Support.
- Maintains standard liability insurance.
- Understands medication and nutritional supplements banned or restricted in elite soccer players, including USADA and WADA/FIFA regulations and familiarity with GlobalDRO.com.
- Abides by all local, state, and federal laws and regulations specific to their profession, codes and standards of their governing bodies, and all applicable League Rules and Team policies.
- At the onset of the relationship, must have at least two (2) years of experience as an Athletic Trainer since receiving BOC certification.
- Preferably has at least two (2) years of experience caring for elite-level athletes (e.g., collegiate, professional, Olympic).
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by date of hire, subject to legally mandated accommodations.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking long distances.
- Must be able to lift to 50 pounds at a time.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.