The Kansas City Current is on a mission to elevate women, athletes, our sport, and our city. Through this effort, the Current aims to enhance the quality of life for citizens in Kansas City and surrounding areas. Our primary areas of focus are encouraging the power of sport for all, inspiring bold ambition for our youth and supporting diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts.
The Kansas City Current is seeking a videographer. The Videographer will be responsible for management of the production, shooting, editing and delivery of video content servicing the needs of entire KC Current organization, with a focus on content for the club’s direct-to-consumer platforms.
Functions and Responsibilities
- Produce and edit video content for KC Current’s social media, website, app, and in-stadium platforms
- Cover and capture all events related to Club as team as requested: matches, trainings, community appearances and Club events
- Service video requests from Partnerships, Ticketing, Community and Merchandise teams as needed
- Shoot/edit game content and highlights during all home games, and some away games.
- Produce video content that engages viewers, reflects the KC Current brand, adheres to brand standards.
- Ensure each video is consistent with organizational brand guidelines and overall presence
- Participate in the brainstorming process for content creation and production.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud: Premiere, After Effects
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to complete job responsibilities with primarily personal equipment
- Thorough understand of and ability to use basic video production equipment
- Willingness to work nights and weekends
- Travel for Club matches or events
- Knowledge of and passion for professional women's soccer or sports
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple high-priority projects
- Ability to work in a team environment
- All new hires must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by date of hire, subject to legally mandated accommodations.
Education and Experience
- 2 - 4 years working in a collegiate or professional sports environment
- Creation Tools: Photoshop / Premier / After Effects / Lightroom / Illustrator
- Social: Twitter / Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / TikTok
- Communication / Collaboration tools: Outlook / Teams / Slack / Confluence
- Prolonged periods sitting at desk and working on a computer
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking long distance
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time
- Ability to arrange sets and lighting to capture professional video
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.