The Kansas City Current (“Current”) is a professional women’s soccer team based in Kansas City. Competing in the National Women’s Soccer League (NWSL), the Current has the mission of being the best women’s soccer club in the world. On our path to that goal, in less than two years, the team has already made considerable news having unveiled a state of the art $18 million training facility and new headquarters; will break ground this fall on the first purpose built sports $120 million stadium for women on the riverfront (opening in spring 2024), and hired some of the brightest front office and technical staff across all of sports. Given the opportunity we see ahead, we are hiring for multiple key positions including this role, Vice President of Ticket Sales and Service.
If you are an individual looking to be part of a high-growth organization with a clear mission, an investment-oriented mindset and a deep focus on community, please read below and apply.
We are seeking an experienced revenue generator with a strong passion for sales and sports.
The Vice President of Ticket Sales & Service will report to the Team President and be responsible for all functions related to ticket sales, servicing, and operations, generating revenue through the sale of full season sales, partials, groups, premium and single game tickets. This leader will be incredibly hands-on, i.e., someone who will build and lead a sales team to meet and exceed established sales goals and objectives. S/he will also be challenged to digitize the B2C customer-buying journey, helping establish and oversee a digital-native platform for marketing and selling tickets of all packages and tiers, including season tickets.
For this season and 2023, the team will continue to play their home matches at Children’s Mercy Park, home to Sporting KC of the MLS. In 2024, the team will play in their own stadium, a $120 million facility located on the Berkeley Riverfront near downtown Kansas City.
JOB DESCRIPTION - WHAT YOU WILL DO:
· Lead full build-out of ticket sales revenue streams and platforms to ensure the teams meets its revenue goals through performance, strategy, and alignment
· Will be responsible for all ticketing (seasons/groups/individuals) and all premium (suites/tables/loges)
· Hire and oversee a ticket sales staff with focus on recruitment, employee development and sales and service training
· Work alongside the marketing team to create a digital-native ticket-buying platform on the team’s website to drive potential ticket buyers to place deposits for and purchase season, partial, groups, premium and single game tickets online
· Identify and develop new product opportunities for unmet customer needs / wants and encourage continuous improvement of the existing product group(s) in terms of quality, performance, packaging, profitability, cost reduction, and pricing strategy
· Own key ticketing-related relationships in the Kansas City and broader regional markets with key decision-makers across the corporate and leisure marketplaces
· Lead ticketing product and asset development across corporate partnership platforms with seasons, partials, groups, suites, and individual ticket packages
· Drive a startup style environment geared towards experimentation and learnings
· Develop and implement a robust sales management process – pipeline, account planning, and proposals
· Monitor revenue pipeline and leads, adjusting as necessary to create sustainable growth
· Establish both short-term results and long-term strategy, including revenue forecasting
· Implement a CRM platform for company-wide use
· Collaborate with Finance and Marketing on messaging, pricing strategies, and business models / strategies to achieve revenue goals
CANDIDATE PROFILE – WHO YOU ARE:
· 5+ years of sales experience with a minimum of 2 years in management roles
· Proven track record of growing revenue in the retail, ticket sales, and/or corporate partnerships space
· An understanding of the hospitality, sports, and entertainment marketplaces
· A solutions-based professional who takes pride in their work and their ability to impact internal and external constituents
· A get-your-hands-dirty doer excited about placing their stamp on a start-up sports and entertainment franchise
· An individual committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace who will be thoughtful in this respect when hiring, training, and providing performance management to employees
· Bachelor’s degree required
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.