NJ/NY Gotham FC is a founding member of the National Women's Soccer League in 2013. The team was known as Sky Blue FC from 2008 until 2020.
Gotham FC is committed to growing the game on and off the field. Our team of world-renowned players match their talent with their dynamic and distinctive personas. Gotham champions humanity’s most important causes, emerging as community leaders for social justice, gender equality and mental health awareness. Our team is as diverse as the city it plays in, demonstrating the power of uniting different racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds in the culture of soccer and the global game, all in the culture capital of the world, New York City.
It’s an exciting time for women’s sports, especially women’s soccer. The NWSL is the fastest growing women’s sport – 1 in 3 Americans is a soccer fan, and 1 in 4 Americans is a women’s soccer fan. Over 60MM minutes were watched on Twitch in 2020, and NWSL viewership grew 493% in the 2021 season.
With growth across every metric, the time is now for the NWSL and Gotham FC. We’re looking for dynamic business professionals who are energized by the prospect of creating the change we wish to see across professional sports.
Gotham FC is seeking an Equipment Manager to facilitate all day-to-day equipment operations of the NJ/NY Gotham FC players and staff. This position involves regular domestic travel, and the ability to maintain a schedule in line with a sports team, including weekends and nights. The position also demands a high level of familiarity with the sport of soccer and the products and equipment necessary to compete in the game.
- Ordering, inventory, and organization of team equipment and apparel
- Maintains and oversees equipment room, laundry area, locker rooms, and external team storage units
- Ordering, inventory, and heat pressing of patches, numbers, and letters on all team gear
- Maintaining and washing team training & gameday kits, and boots
- The day-to-day management and preparation of equipment needs of team and technical staff, assisting with medical staff equipment needs
- Setup and collection of training equipment, and assisting with medical equipment
- Accommodate and fulfill visiting team training requests
- Assist the technical staff and operations manager in coordinating facility flow adhering to facility contract rules & regulations
Locker Room Responsibilities:
- Maintain a clean and orderly locker room
- Organize and execute a laundry system, including laundering towels and rags
- Order and maintain name plates and logos for appropriate branding
- Stock showers with appropriate items
Match Day Responsibilities:
- Setup and breakdown of team equipment, locker rooms, and benches
- Maintain and wash team kits and boots
- Support game flow for technical staff, and fulfill key operational NWSL standards
Team Travel Responsibilities:
- Coordinate team, technical staff, and medical staff to pack and transport all equipment,
kits, and boots
- Setup and collection of gear on game and training days, as well as assistance with medical equipment
- Request training and equipment needs with home team
- Launder match kits and training kits
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- 1-3 years’ experience in sports and/or other entertainment events
- Capable of working in a fast-paced and demanding environments
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to prioritize workflow, managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to deliver high quality work and execute under pressure and deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication combined with a professional demeanor
- Proficient experience with Microsoft Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook)
- Able and willing to travel to several away matches
- Detail oriented, solutions oriented, and results oriented
- Organized and optimistic
- Consistent and detailed communicator
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met or may be encountered by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The job requires regularly lifting/pushing up to 50 pounds and occasionally lifting/pushing more than 75 pounds or exerting heavy force, in a wide disparity or environmental conditions. The job involves standing, stooping, bending, lifting, pushing, etc.
Hours: Non-traditional, including evenings and weekends as needed
Pay Range: $40,000 - $50,000
NJ/NY Gotham FC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.