Chicago Red Stars Sales & Fan Services Interns will work within the Sales & Ticket Operations Department to assist with driving new business through research and prospecting, sales training, attendance at community events in Chicagoland, client management, and assistance with game day ticket operations. Interns will be based in the Chicago Red Stars office but will also attend Chicago Red Stars games, practices and events as necessary.
What you will do:
- Research and identify potential clients for Red Stars group outings, fan experiences, and single game tickets
- Work with Sales Team to assist in customer service and client management.
- Attend community and sales events with the Red Stars street team and staff as required to build awareness and promote the organization
- Shadow and support sales team through lead generation and research.
- Assist in development and execution of sales campaigns.
- Maintain client records and assist with planning, scheduling and executing all elements including calls, emails, events, and sales campaigns
- Work with the sales team on game day to ensure all in-stadium sales areas are set up and assist in execution of various promotions and activities throughout the game
- Assist with post-game tear down and storage of all sales related equipment
- Assist with ticket operations support and game day tasks as necessary
- Students should be working towards a Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in sports management, marketing, and/or business preferred.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and adhere to highest ethical standards
- Able to work non-traditional hours, in non-traditional settings, within a team atmosphere.
- Demonstrated experience with Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Strong desire to learn and a strong work ethic.
- Strong multi-tasking & organizational skills with the ability to communicate effectively
- Must provide proof of enrollment in a College/University Internship course to receive class credit.
This internship is available on a full time or part time basis and is non-paid, students should ideally be able to earn academic credit. Interns will report to the ticket sales staff and will be based at the Chicago Red Stars office in Lincoln Park, Chicago and at SeatGeek Stadium in Bridgeview.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.