The Graphic Designer supports the Chicago Red Stars branding presence in the marketplace, partnership, and in-stadium assets. Key responsibilities include the creation of marketing, digital, media, sales, promotional and informational materials, graphic design and layout, direction and production of collateral and publication materials for Red Stars departments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and build a wide variety and high volume of cross-platform materials efficiently
- Must take responsibility for fulfilling creative project direction, goals and requirements as set by the department head.
- Expected to help shape new and work within an existing creative direction, and follows Red Stars standards and brand guidelines.
- Produce website graphics and ads, email marketing materials and social media graphics
- Develop and design regular digital ads/newsletters to distribute to email database
- Help coordinate and design chicagoredstars.com website
- Work with PR and team photographer to maintain/cultivate digital photography database for use in marketing and sales opportunities
- Reflects the core of the Red Stars brand within creative partnerships proposals
- Participate/contribute to regular marketing/brand, promotional meetings
- Facilitate project communication with both departments and senior management from initial drafts to completed project
- Other duties as required.
Required Skills, Experience & Abilities
- Strong graphic design and production skills, experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat)
- A graphic design degree or diploma from an accredited art/technical college preferred.
- Ability to create GIFs from live game action
- Flexibility in handling a variety of assignments with changing priorities and parameters.
- Strong typesetting and page layout skills.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently under pressure.
- Independent, creative problem-solver.
- Highly organized, motivated and responsible with good time and project management abilities
- Willingness and ability to understand, support and contribute to the Red Stars overall business objectives
- A team player with excellent interpersonal skills and a strong customer service orientation
- Knowledge and passion of NWSL and Chicago Red Stars a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.