2024 Internship, Spring - Event Operations - Red Bull Arena, Inc (HARRISON · NJ)
Red Bull Arena, Inc Jobs
Jobs in HARRISON · NJ
In order to be considered for this role, after clicking "apply now" above and being redirected, you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.
The New York Red Bulls are one of 29 teams in Major League Soccer (MLS). RBNY, one of the ten charter clubs of MLS, have competed in the league since its founding in 1996. The Red Bulls play home matches at Red Bull Arena (RBA) in Harrison, New Jersey. The three-time MLS Supporters' Shield Winners are owned by the Austrian beverage company Red Bull for which the team is named. The New York Red Bulls offer one of the nation's premier youth soccer development programs, from local soccer partnerships across New York and New Jersey to Regional Development Schools and the Red Bulls Academy teams.
The New York Red Bulls are looking for a motivated and organized college student to join the Operations department. This 10-week program is an opportunity to join the club and gain comprehensive understanding of operations at NYRB and Red Bull Arena (RBA). The internship is a great opportunity for those interested in pursuing a career in sports. Experience will include working match days and non-match days at RBA, as well as Montclair State University. In addition to soccer events (MLS, USL, NWSL), chosen applicants will likely be exposed to dark day assignments, special events, stadium projects, and potential requested support at the First team training ground.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- New York Red Bulls (MLS) Matches @ RBA, NJ/NY Gotham FC (NWSL) Matches @ RBA, NYRB II (USL) Matches @ Montclair State University.
- Support in daily operation of RBA, as well as stadium setup, breakdown, staging and conversion for matches.
- Coordinate with other Red Bull New York departments to ensure successful event planning and execution.
- Liaise with outside parties (visiting teams, referees, league officials, vendors, partners, etc.) to ensure all needs are met.
- Other designated assigned duties.
- Student pursuing career in Sports Management and/or Event Operations, with 1-2 years of related experience.
- An individual with the ability to lift 50+ pounds and perform moderate labor over the course of a full event (8-12 hrs). Must be able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions (heat, cold, rain, etc.).
- Experience showing professionalism around pro athletes/teams, while maintaining composure and effectiveness under pressure and changing conditions in a team environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines; accomplish work in order of priority; effectively multitask and deliver consistently at a high level.
Because of the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, your assigned hours may vary to reflect our needs (includes nights, weekends, and holidays).
This is an unpaid, for credit internship (proof that you will receive credit is required).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.