About the New York Red Bulls
The New York Red Bulls are one of 29 teams in Major League Soccer (MLS). RBNY, one of the ten charter clubs of MLS, have competed in the league since its founding in 1996. The Red Bulls play home matches at Red Bull Arena (RBA) in Harrison, New Jersey. The three-time MLS Supporters' Shield Winners are owned by the Austrian beverage company Red Bull for which the team is named. The New York Red Bulls offer one of the nation's premier youth soccer development programs, from local soccer partnerships across New York and New Jersey to Regional Development Schools and the Red Bulls Academy teams.
Purpose of this Internship
The New York Red Bulls are seeking an intern to support the club’s digital and social content team. This candidate will work across a variety of tasks including content ideation, creation, copywriting, and community management. Students must have previous experience, and an elevated understanding of social media trends, channels, and content formats. Additional experience in graphic design, photography, video, and/or web design is a plus.
What you'll learn
- Assisting in creating unique, breakthrough content to tell the stories of our players, coaches, and the larger team
- Researching trends and topics in the sports and entertainment industry to inform our social strategy
- Collaborating with different departments within RBNY to help grow the brand and successfully execute campaigns and events
- Capturing live social media content, including team training, games and other Red Bull sponsored events
Who you are
- Junior or senior in college, pursuing a degree in Marketing, PR, Communications, or related fields. Candidates must earn college credit for the internship.
- Knowledge of social media platforms including (but not limited to) Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube and Facebook required.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment as part of a team.
- Proactive, always proposing and trying new ideas, eager to learn and highly organized.
Because of the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, your assigned hours may vary to reflect our needs (includes nights and weekends).
Red Bull New York is an equal opportunity employer and we will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or any other classification protected by law.