Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
- Design web content in Drupal and WordPress content management systems.
- Monitor site traffic and analytics.
- Work with the marketing department to create and execute digital campaigns.
- Bring innovative ideas for web design to team meetings.
- Provide insight and guidance on the creation of page layouts, website stylings and page features.
- Ensure that each visitor to SportingKC.com and affiliate websites has an easy and enjoyable browsing experience.
- Work with project managers to ensure final products and edits adhere to a predetermined budget, scope and design.
- Collaborate with Sporting KC’s IT department to ensure servers are properly managed and maintained.
- Ensure plugins and themes are up-to-date across all sites and platforms.
- Ensure readability and provide quality control across browsers.
- Manage backend of club websites to publish content.
- Code HTML emails.
- Troubleshoot any digital issues and stay up-to-date on current and emerging technologies, standards and trends.
- Practice continued testing, maintenance and updates.
- Execute various gameday digital duties.
- Represent Sporting KC in a professional manner at all times.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Professional appearance, demeanor and approach.
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to problem solve.
- Dedicated researcher and appetite for learning.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or in another related field.
- 2-3 years’ experience in web development.
- Knowledge of Sporting KC and MLS preferred.
- Working knowledge of design principles, Adobe Creative Suite, SEO and SEM principles.
- Working knowledge of Drupal and WordPress CMS.
- Ability to work nights/early mornings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines, and handle multiple assignments.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Use hands to finger, hand or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to [NUMBER OF POUNDS] pounds if necessary.
- Specific vision abilities required by the role include the ability to distinguish the nature of objects by using the eye.
- Ability to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays as necessary.
- Attend all Sporting KC home games.
- Assist the marketing team as needed.
How did you hear about this job?
(YES/NO) Do you have access to reliable transportation?
(YES/NO) Are you able to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends and holidays as necessary?
(YES/NO) Do you have experience coding HTML emails?