Major League Soccer (MLS) and its Teams Jobs!
Video Producer & Editor with Sporting Kansas City in Kansas City · MO
- Create engaging content and graphics to promote, market and cover the organization.
- Create, produce and edit videos and features for Sporting Kansas City social channels.
- Produce compelling content on very tight turnarounds.
- Assist in live production of Sporting KC in-stadium and television productions.
- Create and edit videos for special events, projects and campaigns for the extended Sporting Club enterprise
- Collaborate with associates on the Marketing Team to ensure all are working towards the same goal.
- Work to establish best practices on effective and technical video editing techniques, as well as identify and recommend new audio/video technologies by keeping abreast of developing technology.
- Ensure all equipment is prepared for each game and is working properly.
- Represent Sporting Kansas City and its related affiliates in a professional manner at all times.
- Available for away match travel for broadcast (as needed)
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- Live shoot and edit video content at games
- Assist in the live production of games for Children’s Mercy Park videoboards
- Fill in on select Sporting KC away TV productions as needed
- Strong organizational, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational policies and activities.
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently, demonstrating exceptional time management.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor while working with professional athletes.
- Strong work ethic and solution oriented thinking in a fast paced environment.
- High level of energy and and commitment.
- Excellent visual storyteller.
- High level of creativity.
- Strong editorial judgement.
- Ability to work well with a team.
- Strong familiarity and passion for sports, especially the game of soccer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcast Journalism, Photography, Film or other related field required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of shooting experience with professional cameras.
- Minimum of three (3) years working in live production.
- Strong video editing skills in multiple styles.
- Strong background in video production, including writing, shooting and editing.
- Proven motion graphics and graphic design experience.
- Demonstrated ability to produce broadcast-style sports and feature stories with a quick turnaround.
- On top of emerging trends and equipment advances.
- Strong knowledge and experience working with Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe After Effects and Photoshop.
- Ability to provide a link to a reel or previous work required.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Calendar.
- Spanish fluency a plus, but not required
- Required to sit, stand and walk.
- Frequent stooping, bending, pulling and pushing.
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry and/or drag up to fifty (50) pounds if necessary.
- Reach with hands and arms.
- Required to talk and hear consistently.
How did you hear about this job?
Are you available to work non-traditional hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary?
Do you have access to reliable transportation?
Why do you want to join Sporting Kansas City?
Why are you the best candidate for this position?